Rokslide eMagazine

Dotman,

I know, but on a thread like this most who would say No are much less likely to post.

Anyway, I think that it is a great idea as well and would gladly subscribe to it, especially if you do it as a plain .pdf file. No need to use one of those fancy applications that simulate turning pages and such. A .pdf file gives you everything you need, including the ability to do a table of contents with links to the varios articles in the emagazine. Make it easy for the staff to create and simple for us to read and search for stuff.

Larry

dotman

WKR
Dotman,

I know, but on a thread like this most who would say No are much less likely to post.

Anyway, I think that it is a great idea as well and would gladly subscribe to it, especially if you do it as a plain .pdf file. No need to use one of those fancy applications that simulate turning pages and such. A .pdf file gives you everything you need, including the ability to do a table of contents with links to the varios articles in the emagazine. Make it easy for the staff to create and simple for us to read and search for stuff.

Larry

:) I was just joking

fap1800

Lil-Rokslider
Dotman,

Larry

Flipbooks are popular because it gives the reader the illusion that they're reading something that's tangible. Even in today's high tech age folks still prefer print. A flip would also allow Rokslide the ability to track their readership and activity.

Back to the OP. The problem with e-mags or e-newsletters is that they're typically only viewed once by the reader. You'll get the spike once the issue goes live, but after that traffic will generally fall off dramatically. Subscribers might be on board at first, but when it comes time to renew (even at $10) they might not be able to justify the cost because they just don't read it enough. A mag has pass along value and can find its way to that special spot where a man does most of his reading...and thinking :D If you're willing to do the editorial and design work for an e-mag you may as well go one step further and print. Just my $.02.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Fap, the cost would not justify the means! Flipbook maybe, but a published mag. I don't see that happening.

gsjackson

FNG
e-magazine interest

I would very much support/subscribe to a magazine produced by hunters of your experience. I would appreciate all the help I can get. And at the suggested price you are thinking about, it is a no-brainer.

I hope it happens.

G S Jackson
Castle Rock, CO