Rokslide 2012 Extreme Challenge

VANDAL

WKR
I was 1 of the 4 guys that did it. WOW what a day!!!. Great guys and the views were absolutely amazing. It was much tougher (mentally and physically) than I thought and looking back I was a little over confident going into the challenge...those mountains definitely humbled me. Its a great example of what you can accomplish if you set you mind to it. When future scouting or hunting trips start to grind, I'll look back at this challenge as a base and motivation to keep going.

I must be crazy cause I want to do it again.

I'll be back for next yrs challenge for sure.

Corey

dcestnik

Lil-Rokslider
I was 1 of the 4 guys that did it. WOW what a day!!!. Great guys and the views were absolutely amazing. It was much tougher (mentally and physically) than I thought and looking back I was a little over confident going into the challenge...those mountains definitely humbled me. Its a great example of what you can accomplish if you set you mind to it. When future scouting or hunting trips start to grind, I'll look back at this challenge as a base and motivation to keep going.

I must be crazy cause I want to do it again.

I'll be back for next yrs challenge for sure.

Corey

If anyone goes on the loop, keep a look out. I seem to have misplaced my pride somewhere on the mountain.

Excited to see what Dave and Tom cook up for 2013.

herdbull

FNG
Well at least 4 of you made it. I would had loved to join but by that time I already had 2 1/2 weeks in the mtns and had to return home. As it was I already had summit (13) 14ers in (10) days with upwards of 47,500' of elevation gain. I'm not sure a 28 mile day was in the cards.

How was the weather into the afternoon? A loop like that has no place for pride or ego's. Unless of course you run ultras :0)

I made it to dinner but didn't make the long hike. It was fun to meet everyone. Everyone seemed real nice and fairly beat. Which is understandable they had a big day. We did get "aspened" which consits of paying 30 to 50 buck for a steak. Which weighs half as much as the menu says and you must pay extra for potatoes, salad etc... It was fun, next year I will see you on the trail.
Gabe

OP
D

david long

I got the Rokslide Extreme Challenge video edited this morning.......unfortunately, my internet connection is too slow to upload it. I will hopefully get it uploaded on Monday.

dcestnik

Lil-Rokslider
Next year I'll stop staring at my feet, trying to survive and get the camera out of the pack to give more footage.

OP
D

david long

Don, I feel bad, I don't have much footage of you and Tom. We will have a better plan next year :)

OP
D

david long

Sorry it took so long to get the video up. Here it is. Once again, I would really like to congratulate everyone who participated in this year's Rokslide Extreme Challenge.
[video=vimeo;47029808]http://vimeo.com/47029808[/video]

OP
D

david long

Thanks Ross! It was the best quote I could think of at the time :)

BuckSnort

WKR
You guys are animals, cool video of some awesome country... How many days did it take you're legs to recover after the punishment?

VANDAL

WKR
Great job on the video David, well done!!! I still can't believe you finished that race without eating anything...I'd have been curled up in the fetal position after the 2nd pass without food.

As for the recovery, my legs were tired for a few days but my knee's, feet and joints felt fine. I never really tightened up. I think the biggest difference was how much water I drank throughout the challenge. There was plenty of water so I stayed hydrated.