Rok Stedi Bipods

OP
T
They are obviously ROK STEDI! Lol. I want to try one but that price point...

Oh I agree but for sub 10oz and it is adjustable (meaning not like the standard javelin), it’s hard to beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I agree but for sub 10oz and it is adjustable (meaning not like the standard javelin), it’s hard to beat

Another one I was looking at are the MTN Gear bipods. If weight is a concern these are the ticket.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
It’s a solid setup as far as bipods go but still too “busy” for me for most hunting shots.

It’s slower to take on and off than the Spartan. Too many different levers to worry about with pan and tilt and changing leg angles.

They make these here in Arizona, at least they used to, and Craig is a good guy. In general, for bipod shooting they are good, but the Spartan setup for me is quicker, way easier to store, and can have either short legs or long legs ready for a shot in seconds.

OP
T
It’s a solid setup as far as bipods go but still too “busy” for me for most hunting shots.

It’s slower to take on and off than the Spartan. Too many different levers to worry about with pan and tilt and changing leg angles.

They make these here in Arizona, at least they used to, and Craig is a good guy. In general, for bipod shooting they are good, but the Spartan setup for me is quicker, way easier to store, and can have either short legs or long legs ready for a shot in seconds.

Appreciate the insight. I have heard the spartan is not very steady (accurate for hunting but not steady like a normal bipod), can you comment on that?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Appreciate the insight. I have heard the spartan is not very steady (accurate for hunting but not steady like a normal bipod), can you comment on that?

For folks who are used to “loading up on the bipod” which isn’t proper way to control a rifle and shoot, the Spartan can seem “stiff” or feel like you “can’t press into it” like most other bipods.

If you use the bipod as a simple front rest while still properly controlling the gun they are excellent for hunting shots.