RL16 and other Alliant powders Done?

OP
mfllood3800
Our industry is aware of a lot of new chemistry that is being evaluated for inclusion on a new list in Sweden for consumer heath concerns. I’m guessing this is the same list as there are literally thousands of chemicals being evaluated. Chemicals in my area are used in anti-microbial treatments for fabrics but this touches most industries. Based on my knowledge of this list this is more about labeling for consumer concern not outright bans in most cases. This is also not a “light switch”. There will be time for evaluation, legislation and transition to better chemistry where available.

My advice is to not panic. The gun industry loves panic as it drives, shortages, feverish hoarding and major profits. My industry is good on our chemicals until 2025 for European distribution maybe beyond. There are no issues for US distribution for the moment in our area. Finally this isn’t insane government overreach on Sweden’s part. They are following research on harmful effects of different types of chemicals on people. It’s about health, safety and science.
Thank you for the facts

UtahJimmy

WKR
They're still stocking rl16...
21a6371b2895cf45a7462b2dae370eb8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

rickco

FNG
I think Federal is the parent company to Alliant (RL) so simply ask Federal what is causing the RL shortage problem. I suspect that RL is being requested by Federal to manufacture powders for the Federal highest volume ammo. You have to remember that reloading components are a small fraction of overall sales of Federal/RL. I am not happy about the current situation but it will pass (I hope). I think Federal will provide the best/ true info on the problem.

OP
mfllood3800
Just saw your guys links to powder. I am way late the dance. But thx for the heads up.

sneaky

"DADDY"
yea just move everything to Idaho and make it there . lol
I don't use RL powder for my 7 mm's but thought about, but if availability is gonna be even more of an issue than already is I wont mess with it.
Didn't I tell you a few years back I didnt want to handlaod and you told me I had to ???
Heck yeah, then I'd just swing by the factory and pick it up. Start a powder delivery service lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
mfllood3800
Heck yeah, then I'd just swing by the factory and pick it up. Start a powder delivery service lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I knew you'd like that. Deliver me some @ Burns Creek please, right next to the wallow.