RIP Ken Block

sneaky

"DADDY"
Snowmobile accident in Utah. Flipped over on him, the rest of the group wasn't near him when it happened. His Gymkhana videos were all well done and his Hoonigan channel always had some interesting builds and head to head comps. 23 off to a bad start.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

snik

FNG
Snowmobile accident in Utah. Flipped over on him, the rest of the group wasn't near him when it happened. His Gymkhana videos were all well done and his Hoonigan channel always had some interesting builds and head to head comps. 23 off to a bad start.

That’s terrible. Was it on top of him and suffocated him in the snow?

There was a gentleman last month that died after the snowmobile rolled over, throttle got stuck, and the track sucked him in and broke his neck.

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
From the Road and Track article it just says it upended and landed on top of him and his buddies weren't right there with him. That's going to haunt them knowing they could have gotten that off of him most likely. Bad deal and a sucky start to this year.

Sled

WKR
Oh no, this hits hard. Great all around guy. I found his phone at Snowbird years ago, dried it out and called him. He said delete the photos and keep it. The group I snowmobile with used to run into him frequently up in the uintas. It's been deep out here lately and snow immersion could be a real possibility. Rest in peace

dtrkyman

WKR
Wow…dude is a legend.

Nature of the beast when you always push the limits!

Godspeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffP_Or

WKR
Condolenscences to his family and those close to him. We competed in rally against/alongside Ken and Alex for a good number of years here in the US - always worked/interacted with the crowd well and represented his team with great regard. Certainly seemed genuine and down-to-earth when out and about.

Ugh. Sad to hear. Like watching his stuff and my son is a fan of his drifting videos. I’m not a snowmobile rider. Is the wreck he had common when running hard?

CorbLand

WKR
Ugh. Sad to hear. Like watching his stuff and my son is a fan of his drifting videos. I’m not a snowmobile rider. Is the wreck he had common when running hard?

Have they released more details on what happened? Seems like most people die in avalanches when it comes to sleds but there is so much that can go wrong.

Sled

WKR

Not overly common but happens. It's been deep out here and he rides a turbo. It probably wheelied and landed back on top of him. These sleds weigh around 500lbs ready to ride. In these conditions it'd be near impossible to get out from under it on your own.

Rob5589

WKR
Have they released more details on what happened? Seems like most people die in avalanches when it comes to sleds but there is so much that can go wrong.
I read online he was riding up a steep incline and the sled went over on top of him. Very likely got trapped underneath it.

mntnguide

WKR
These new turbos especially in the 154" track length will come over top of you quick if you aren't ready. I'm sure that's what happened and it was deep snow and pinned him under and his riding partners did not see it happen. Unfortunately this happens and I've had it happen myself but had people there to pull it off right away. I have a few friends that rode sleds with KB, and he was no doubt a talented and smart rider. Just a really terrible accident, and an incredible person lost because of it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ColoradoV

WKR
You can say icon, visionary, or whatever but he was a solid family man and will be greatly missed. Hard to put into words the impact he made on so many lives. I was not involved in the car racing but the snowboard and snowmobile access have been front and center in the winter since the 90’s for me.

I was at my friends house when the call came in about the accident.. Horrible deal. We all still build and ride sleds now in our 50’s.

From a rider on the hill what happened is called a coffin…. Not the best term as I think about it today. The sled upended and landing on the rider pining them underneath. Or a sled can pin someone under the machine in the trench just created. This is more prevalent in newer high power - turbo machines. Sounds like his riding partners could only not see him for a only few min and he suffocated under the machine. Not a avalanche fatality. He was a elite rider and this was a freak accident. Sad deal all around.

Rip man.