Rings for 300 prc

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
What would be best scope rings for 300 prc?
Looking at
Nightforce xtrm
Hawkins precision with offset level
UM premier rings
Also considering warn mountain tech

I would like an anti cant level if there are other better options.

Last edited:

LightFoot

WKR
What would be best scope rings for 300 prc?
Looking at
Nightforce xtrm
Hawkins precision with offset level
UM premier rings

I would like an anti cant level if there are other better options.

Those are all good options generally. Need to know what scope and rifle.

>>>——JAKE——>

OP
D

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
Those are all good options generally. Need to know what scope and rifle.

>>>——JAKE——>
Looking at nf nx8 but not 100% sold on it yet
But going to be a custom rifle defiance classic action with 24” carbon barrel

LightFoot

WKR
Looking at nf nx8 but not 100% sold on it yet
But going to be a custom rifle defiance classic action with 24” carbon barrel

I chose the NF ultralight rings for my new build in Defiance AnTiX and Maven RS1.2.

The NX8 is a great scope. I have the 2.5-20 on a 7-6.5PRC. I wish I had gotten the 4-32 for the addition mounting length and magnification at the range. 4x is low enough.

UM rings are great and the bubble level attachment is in a good spot. I like to mount my scope tube bubble levels upside down so I can read them while still in the scope.

Steiner and Zeiss make some good looking rings with bubble level in them. I’ve use the Steiner rings and they are solid. I haven’t used the Zeiss rings.

If weight is not an issue, Spuhr makes a couple great mounting solutions.

>>>——JAKE——>

OP
D

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
I chose the NF ultralight rings for my new build in Defiance AnTiX and Maven RS1.2.

The NX8 is a great scope. I have the 2.5-20 on a 7-6.5PRC. I wish I had gotten the 4-32 for the addition mounting length and magnification at the range. 4x is low enough.

UM rings are great and the bubble level attachment is in a good spot. I like to mount my scope tube bubble levels upside down so I can read them while still in the scope.

Steiner and Zeiss make some good looking rings with bubble level in them. I’ve use the Steiner rings and they are solid. I haven’t used the Zeiss rings.

If weight is not an issue, Spuhr makes a couple great mounting solutions.

>>>——JAKE——>
How do you like the maven? Maven 3.2 was also another option I was looking at or even trijicon tenmile?

OP
D

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
so narrowing it down between
Area 419
UM
Hawkins
Any personal experience with these?

TaperPin

WKR
Have you ever noticed most of the new premium rings don’t look all that different - funny how they are only cosmetically a little off from these mark 4 rings from the 1980’s. 40 years without a redesign. Lol

I still use these in steel for most rifles and aluminum for skinny barreled guns. I like variety, but don’t see a reason to switch.
IMG_0812.jpeg

OP
D

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
Have you ever noticed most of the new premium rings don’t look all that different - funny how they are only cosmetically a little off from these mark 4 rings from the 1980’s. 40 years without a redesign. Lol

I still use these in steel for most rifles and aluminum for skinny barreled guns. I like variety, but don’t see a reason to switch.
View attachment 764945
Yup I get that, more looking for info on something that is reliable and won’t slip with recoil from 300 prc.

OP
D

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
I may 100% be over thinking this but I rather get it right first time and not have to worry bout it again.

Matt5266

WKR
I may 100% be over thinking this but I rather get it right first time and not have to worry bout it again.
Your not over thinking it. That's why your spending what you are on a custom rifle and scooe right? You wanted something reliable with good accuracy. ( you can get that now a days without going custom, but that's a whole different discussion). Your most likely weak point to ruin all that is going to be buying a cheap scope and cheap rings. Save yourself the headache and pay the money. It's a tough pill to swallow sometimes but 100% worth it.