Rings for 110 ultralite

Savage 110 ultralite 7mm PRC
Leupold VX3hd 4-14x40mm

Has anyone mounted a similar configuration? My question is, With the Talley lightweight alloy ring mounts will the medium height allow enough room for the bigger barrell without alot of excess height on the scope? The scope hasn't come in yet so measuring isn't an option right now. Thanks

Marble

WKR
I might have an answer for you. My scope is the NXS 3.5X15X50 , their medium rings and I think AGM base. I think it should clear. Mine is 6.5 PRC.

I need to do a test for regardless just to see if everything fits correctly.

Edit:
Just did prefit and I have plenty of room. 30 mm scope, 1" medium rings. I have enough room to put the covers on the end. Possibly could have gone a little lower. Kind of depends on what scope covers you use. If you will not use covers then there's tons of room.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Marble

WKR
I went to sportsman with my gun and scope and test fitted rings with another gun. Just an option.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I used mediums for 1-inch tube and 50mm objective, so you could get by with lows I would think. Mediums would definitely work

h2so4

WKR
I had a vx5hd 2-10x42 in hawkins precision Ultra-Light Mediums (1.0") Pics in thread linked. I think there was more than enough room and could have likely used lows if I would have mounted the scope further forward. but with the rail, it was really tight.

OP
N
Talley responded very quickly n suggested the mediums if anyone else could use this info.