Rifle scopes you'd love to see Form test

schmalzy

WKR
Curious if you would even entertain the idea of formally testing a lupy vx3 cds or vortex viper if i was to send one. Would love to extend the assumed results to roughly 4 dozen friends and family.

I’m fairly confident they would. Reach out to Ryan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am very interested in the 1.5-15x42 that March has released. They have an older 30mm version but the latest is 34 mm with a tube wall thickness of 4mm. Specifically noted that it was to increase scope toughness/reliability. Still keeping the weight just under 25 oz. Two options on the reticle, standard FFP as well as a dual reticle. The dual reticle that has a FFP outer bars with SFP inner "dot". Edited to change that...the dual reticle has the dot AND cross lines in the SFP but the measurement/scale marks are in the FFP...if I'm understanding correctly... I'd like to spend some time with one....actually some time with one of each to compare.

FFP:

Dual FP:
That dual focal plane has me very intrigued. I've thought of that for a long time, glad to see someone did it.

OP
D

Dobermann

WKR
Well, historically I haven’t seen great things from Gen III Razors, however the LRP S3 is a different scope made in Japan by a good OEM- it might be different.
Is the LRP S3 made by LOW? Are the S5s also made by LOW, or a different OEM?

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider
Burris Fullfield I see recommended as good budget scopes. And Trijicon Huron the "hunting" line should be on the list hopefully.

Question for @Formidilosus...

Would the size of the scope (width and height) have any impact on the likelihood of a scope having an issue?

Asking since I looked at the Credo HX 1-8 for a 375 Ruger and that scope is huge. It'd stick out 1/2" on each side plus the elevation turret is extremely tall. While beefy, it would likely take the brunt of a fall due to its sheer size. None of my other scopes stick out that far (not that it necessarily matters).

This is not about this model's reliability but just using it as an example due to its size.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Question for @Formidilosus...

Would the size of the scope (width and height) have any impact on the likelihood of a scope having an issue?

Asking since I looked at the Credo HX 1-8 for a 375 Ruger and that scope is huge. It'd stick out 1/2" on each side plus the elevation turret is extremely tall. While beefy, it would likely take the brunt of a fall due to its sheer size. None of my other scopes stick out that far (not that it necessarily matters).

This is not about this model's reliability but just using it as an example due to its size.

Certainly could. One of my guesses as to why the SWFA UL did as well as it did is because it’s tiny. The erector systems still has to hold, but on side impacts the rifle is taking most of the impact.

As for that particular Trijicon, they tend to be very reliable. It’s predecessor the Accupoint 1-8x is actually what started Trijicon on their present path.

TxLite

WKR
I’d like to see the new 4.8 mil Klassik 3-12x42 officially tested. After talking to Form I purchased one but still interested to see how they hold up.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Plenty of gravity. Low on dinero for fixing scopes damaged via drop test
The wait could be a while, as I expect they are waiting on someone to volunteer their personal scope. (And I'm not calling you out - I think this applies to anyone hoping for a scope to be tested.)