Rifle scopes you'd love to see Form test

Axlrod

WKR
Haha I sent them a link to this thread and a screenshot of my last post and Ryan's response with a nice small message of my own mentioning how the drop test has sold a lot of scopes.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
Maybe they are doing Form's drop test in their own in secret? You know- never take a test you know you won't pass.

Maybe they are doing Form's drop test in their own in secret? You know- never take a test you know you won't pass.
Haha that's got to be a tough spot to be in, like there's this pressure to send a scope in that if it fails will taint your name, but if it passes big win.

RussDXT

WKR
Haha that's got to be a tough spot to be in, like there's this pressure to send a scope in that if it fails will taint your name, but if it passes big win.

Kinda, the problem for manufactures is that if you can build a scope that passes that’s great. Now can you compete price wise with SWFA? I think the 10 mile would have sold a boatload more scopes if you couldn’t get the 6x and 3-9 hd from SWFA. I would personally own two it that were the case.

Macintosh

WKR
Kinda, the problem for manufactures is that if you can build a scope that passes that’s great. Now can you compete price wise with SWFA? I think the 10 mile would have sold a boatload more scopes if you couldn’t get the 6x and 3-9 hd from SWFA. I would personally own two it that were the case.
I think there's plenty of people who, when presented with equally reliable optics edit: and an equally good reticle in a similar format, are happy to pay more than SWFA to get a more refined product (more tactile, lower profile turrets, zero stop, better eyebox, availability, etc) as well as better availability and service. Also, the SWFA pricing, even for a brand that to me appears to be a factory-direct brand, simply cant last when it costs almost as much to fill a pickup truck gas tank as it does to buy one of their scopes.

Last edited:
the tenmile currently is a just not quite perfect scope, like the swfa. being priced 5-8x higher and still forcing me to accept compromises has kept me away for sure.

Macintosh

WKR
Agree that I dont care for the reticle at all, and its certainly a lot more $ but how do you get 5-8x the price? The comparable swfas are $599 or $699, a tenmile is $1480 at europtic and has been for a year or more, only a bit over 2x the price? I dont think many people would put a fixed 6x scope as a comparable price comparison to a 3-18 if thats where youre going.

amassi

WKR
Agree that I dont care for the reticle at all, and its certainly a lot more $ but how do you get 5-8x the price? The comparable swfas are $599 or $699, a tenmile is $1480 at europtic and has been for a year or more, only a bit over 2x the price? I dont think many people would put a fixed 6x scope as a comparable price comparison to a 3-18 if thats where youre going.

Used ten miles can be had close to 1K as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i've bought a 5-20 for 800, 2 3-9's <$500, and a 3-15<$500. 6x are <300. tenmiles mrsp at 2100, have been as low as <1500 new - have not seen a used one for 1k, though prices are dropping on the used stuff right now, there's an SHVF1 currently posted for 800.

2100/300 = 7
1500/300 = 5

for the variables, you're right, it's more like 2-3x.

Macintosh

WKR
I dont think a comparison that isnt for items most people would consider comparable, and both at everyday street pricing, is all that useful.

i've bought a 5-20 for 800, 2 3-9's <$500, and a 3-15<$500. 6x are <300. tenmiles mrsp at 2100, have been as low as <1500 new - have not seen a used one for 1k, though prices are dropping on the used stuff right now, there's an SHVF1 currently posted for 800.

2100/300 = 7
1500/300 = 5

for the variables, you're right, it's more like 2-3x.
You can grab a tenmiles 3-18 HX new for $1349 from sportsmans - I bought a one a few months ago for this. I would speculate that the closest comparison SWFA would be the 5-20 HD which is on sale for $899. That's like 1.5x price.

It's a difference to be sure... but for warranty turn around and stock availability, I prefer the Trijicon and I have shot both.

Also bought a new (from dealer) SHV 4-14 FFP for under $1200 and that scope also rocks and is in the same category I would say.

rockymtnsam

Lil-Rokslider

Burris Veracity PH Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4-20x 50mm​

I want to see if the digital readout works with the ballistics app like it says.

Basically your supposed to use the app to upload your ballistics to the scope. Then you can turn the turret and the small digital readout inside the scope displays the yardage compensation. Ie range your deer at 615 yards then dial the turret to 615.

Burris Veracity PH Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4-20x 50mm
Another vote for the Veracity PH. I actually just picked one up today but would love to read a full review. Excited to get mine mounted on my 7 mag this weekend.

SwiftShot

WKR
Another vote for the Veracity PH. I actually just picked one up today but would love to read a full review. Excited to get mine mounted on my 7 mag this weekend.
The only real review if you can claim it as a review was on Backfire. He is not a real impartial guy, aka he Simps for Fierce. He did have it on a few times and liked it. He did a scope review of like 8 or 10 and it failed the water test. He through it in the pool for an hour.

Reactions: NSI

rockymtnsam

Lil-Rokslider
The only real review if you can claim it as a review was on Backfire. He is not a real impartial guy, aka he Simps for Fierce. He did have it on a few times and liked it. He did a scope review of like 8 or 10 and it failed the water test. He through it in the pool for an hour.
I actually found a couple other decent ones on YouTube. There’s also some good article reviews that aren’t videos, and one of them did a water test and it passed. But I agree.