it'd called capitalism its what this country was founded on
its also supply and demand they supply a product thats in demand
don't like the price don't buy it someone else will

Sled

WKR
it'd called capitalism its what this country was founded on
its also supply and demand they supply a product thats in demand
don't like the price don't buy it someone else will

No, it's called being a shmuck. They are available for less at other outlets. Someone else can go get bent over without the lube. If you follow pricing you'd know Natchez is always well above the competition.

Super tag

WKR
There’s nothing wrong with making money, you can choose to pass very easily. If you want the primers then pay the price that’s how it works.
The good ole days are gone for now, I’d take what you can get.

No, it's called being a shmuck. They are available for less at other outlets. Someone else can go get bent over without the lube. If you follow pricing you'd know Natchez is always well above the competition.
i don't worry about what it cost i don't let the price of something deter me its only money ,they print it every day might as well spend it while I'm above ground because i can't take it with me when I'm dead

WRM

WKR
when will the prices go down?

I'd say not soon as I just saw this and tried to get some. Appear to be sold out.

The heavy shooters I know have been limping by for months. They'd normally have thousands of primers in backstock. Until all those folks have their fill, unlikely prices or supply will stabilize much. Kind of like releasing oil from strategic petroleum reserve--this is probably Putin's primer crisis.

Sled

WKR
At least there are some showing up in stores finally. Just a case here and there but it's the first time in 3 years I've seen any inside a store.

I could shoot 150 rounds a day ,for the next 30 yrs and still not put a dent in the supply of components i have
I stocled up yrs ago after the obama presidency shortage, anyone who thought it wouldnt ever happen again wasn't paying attention
So you have 55k primers laying around to shoot and still not touch what you've stocked up on?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I guess what he is saying is that like a lot of people, he has a stocked up supply that he wants to hold onto no matter what and not use for the foreseeable future. Then, he has other stock that he is OK using because it is in excess of his "deep storage to be preserved" amount. A lot of people, particularly middle-aged guys have this kind of thought process. They have a working supply which they seek to replenish (top off) as it becomes available for purchase but they also have a deep supply that they intend to keep indefinitely for various reasons. For some people it is because they fear that the time may come when laws prohibit mail order buying of ammo or components, when laws dictate purchase limits, when laws ban lead ammo, etc. Often the deep reserve is based on one's expected number of shooting years left multiplied by some annual number of rounds that one would want to be able to shoot. Any other supply they have is extra and forms the working supply that they use for now, replenish when possible/practical, and with which they shoot round counts in excess of their "annual number of shots if I am forced to use my deep supply". For example, I personally want to be able to shoot about 2,000 rounds of 9 mm per year until I am too old to handle the "relatively light" 9 mm recoil. So for deep storage, I'd want to have bullets, primers, and powder for X number of years remaining x 2,000. I'm not a competition shooter and my number of range trips is limited by a work schedule that has long stretches where I can not go to range, and then there is weather to deal with when I am not working. But when I retire, I anticipate being able to shoot much more often. So, some of the amount one would want for deep supply might be based on the expectation of shooting more often when one retires and wanting to have that supply available no matter what laws get passed. Some folks who are middle aged have the foresight to be able to see retirement in their not-too-far-off future and the financial resources to obtain during the times of plenty the amount they think they need of supplies for their deep supply. Guys in their 20s and 30s can't even imagine being retired. Guys in their 50s and 60s see it coming up sooner rather than later and actively plan for it.
For others it is just about not getting burned again. And as he said, having been stuck during previous times of shortage, MANY people made a pledge to themselves to NEVER be caught wanting again. So, some folks are saving up supplies to have plenty to use during the fourth shortage to come along after this current one. Or, the fifth, or the tenth. Because we all know there will be many more.

Last edited:

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
primer prices at the distribution level are over twice what we used to charge retail customers.
it's not going down any time soon.
and that's not to say any of our distributors are offering us any primers to buy.

Sled

WKR
I could shoot 150 rounds a day ,for the next 30 yrs and still not put a dent in the supply of components i have
I stocled up yrs ago after the obama presidency shortage, anyone who thought it wouldnt ever happen again wasn't paying attention

That's cool. Gonna be a couple good deals at the estate sale.

That's cool. Gonna be a couple good deals at the estate sale.
won't be an estate sale see my house and the 300 + acres {which also has no public access public ground bordering it } that it sits on is paid for in full i own it so I'm truly not worried about an estate sale