Rifle holder Pack attachemnt

QuickTrigger7

Lil-Rokslider
I currently run a stone glacier solo pack and frame with there quick release rifle holder. I am really not a fan seems like the rifle always gets loose over walks and has actually fell off the pack a few times. Wondering if anyone has any alternative options?

I use the Kuiu rifle holder, really like it for hiking but nearly impossible to get back in without taking pack off. Also struggles with loosening and noises if not tended to.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I havnt had any issues with my stone glacier rifle holder but the problem is it dosent hold the rifle tight, I need to throw a compression strap around it and then it isn’t a quick release system.

The notary gun bearer works but it took some getting used to.

dkim

FNG
I know it's a different pack but the Exo rifle carrier on the K4 pack has worked great. Not so much as a quick release setup for me, but as a solid secure way to carry a rifle. Stays secure slinging the pack on and off. I think the elastic on the pouch that hols the buttstock is the key.

SloppyJ

WKR
I know it's a different pack but the Exo rifle carrier on the K4 pack has worked great. Not so much as a quick release setup for me, but as a solid secure way to carry a rifle. Stays secure slinging the pack on and off. I think the elastic on the pouch that hols the buttstock is the key.
Mine doesn't seem to tighten down enough. Have you had that problem?

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered the Slik Sling, I appreciate the input from every one which led me to make that purchase
I think you'll really like it. I have two slik slings and the newer one has upgraded hardware and is even better than the previous version. They are continuing to innovate and improve their product which says a lot.

I use the Slik Sling. It works but I don't love it. Mine constantly comes loose. The butt stock cradle loosens and slowly slips down, somehow. And the strap around the rifle has done that too. I now put a safety pin through the webbing to hold it all in place.

lukebrowning

Lil-Rokslider
Side or rear compression straps on the pack. Based on my experience quick access while hoving it is overrated. If I’m in gamey country my rifle is in my hand. Otherwise it’s on the pack and in reality easy to drop pack, unclip, and settle in for the shot.