Rifle Help - couldn’t get on paper at 25 yards

grunt1

FNG
Not familiar with your scope but some of my scopes only allow one turn of windage. Then you remove the cap and reset zero, it will then allow another turn. That cost me a trip to the range once. You didn't mention if you were using a canted rail but if you have a 20 moa rail under the scope the shot can be really high at first. Other thing to check is base screws bottoming out on the barrel threads. They torque fine but the rail is loose.

OP
ccoffey

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
Following up here since I’ve been shooting the last 3-4 weeks preparing for deer season.

I eventually got around to putting Hawkins featherweight rings and putting the suppressor back on.

Everything is back to normal and shooting flawlessly. Since it’s shooting well with the suppressor I believe the problem was the bedding job on the pic rail.

TaperPin

WKR
Following up here since I’ve been shooting the last 3-4 weeks preparing for deer season.

I eventually got around to putting Hawkins featherweight rings and putting the suppressor back on.

Everything is back to normal and shooting flawlessly. Since it’s shooting well with the suppressor I believe the problem was the bedding job on the pic rail.
That must have been a huge relief! Glad to hear it was an easy fix. :)