Ridiculous!

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
It's an utter shame and sin that stupidity isn't criminalized.

Well it can be like the husky lady did get charges but only a misdemeanor. So basically a parking ticket. Which isnt nearly severe enough for shooting someones dog. At least she shot a collarless dog allegely growling at her. Shooting a dog wearing a dayglo collar is despicable.

KurtR

WKR
Always remember that there are 2 sides to a story. I'm not sticking up for the shooter but what if the guy's dog was in some ranchers field that has had a problem with dogs attacking his livestock ? , Rancher drives by and blast a dog by itself and no one has permission to be hunting on his land ???
Thats not how it happened. The dog was on point. No need for hypotheticals.

Spoonbill

WKR
I'm not 100% sure about Idaho but you cant shoot an animal legally just because its in proximity to your animals on your property. It has to be actively attacking. He might get called on to prove it was attacking or maybe he didnt know if the dog had a video collar on or not. shooting a dog and calling it a coyote is dumb but being stupid isnt a crime and you cant prove if he is lying.
I think that is the law, it probably says harassing livestock. I was just highlighting why this likely wasn’t some innocent rancher.

My gut says whoever shot and drove off was just pissed someone was in “his spot” or some other excuse thinking it is ok to shoot a dog.

“They thought they were shooing at a coyote”…BS!

https://gofund.me/35cb6160
That’s beyond BS, per forum rules, I will not say what I would do, but they wouldn’t get away with it if law enforcement doesn’t properly punish them (and even still)

I don’t even know how I would actually handle this situation if I were him, but I would make those dirtbags feel it

That story makes me sick, I can’t even imagine. I like my dogs more than most people, and this story sucks. I hope they get what they have coming (it won’t be enough regardless)

Why does it seem like the quality of people is rapidly declining? What is wrong with people? This story is more asinine than someone shooting a horse thinking it’s an elk

I’m as pro gun as anyone, but some people have no business with one, and those same people shouldn’t have a vehicle, they are too dumb or evil