Ridiculous!

KurtR

WKR
Seen that. There is no way to make that mistake a coyote for a white and liver gap. Guy showed way more restraint than I think I could have.

In my opinion the most likely scenario is that the shooter was aware this was obviousy not a coyote and decided for whatever reason to be a complete asshole that day. Any other explanation should be enough proof to at least call into question the shooter's ability to safely operate vehicles or use firearms.

IW17

Lil-Rokslider
Donated. I love my dogs more than most people. The fact that someone did this is infuriating and certainly intentional. Involving the law shows better judgment and restraint than i have. I would prefer a story about a structure burning down with the shooter still in it. But I'm the romantic type.

Blowdowner

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen people all over various forums bearing their chests about shooting stray dogs, this sounds like one of them. Heartbreaking and unnecessary.
No it doesn’t. But stray dogs could finally have a reason not to be shot if we could cram 20 of them in the shooters cell.

Wrench

WKR
I'm speechless. My internet self says I'd shoot the sob, my real life self is torn between trying to field medic the dog and chase the perp down. There's a high probability of a gun fight.

I can't imagine expecting the law to do the right thing and then failing completely.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
This makes my heart sad.

I have been down the stolen out of the field working dog bit. I can tell you the cops were just a useless then as we were looking at the dog on the perps property from his gate.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Like all of you guys, I love dogs, especially GSP I have owned several over the years. This really pisses me off. There is no way they thought it was a coyote, no way. :(

Rotnguns

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen people all over various forums bearing their chests about shooting stray dogs, this sounds like one of them. Heartbreaking and unnecessary.
This is a very isolated incident. We love our dogs in Idaho. Especially the hunting community. If this guy brags about shooting a dog in the wrong place, he's likely to catch a good old fashioned whuppin' .

Last edited:
OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I had a lunatic on horseback that thought he owned the NF. He pulled his pistol and said he was going to shoot my dog and say it was attacking his horse. Buzz was sitting basically on my feet at the time. I said you better be fast because if you shoot my dog I’m going to blow you off that ******* horse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro