Retumbo 300 WM, 180 AB

300WM, Nosler brass, Nosler 180 AB, 215 pr, 79 gr H1000.

Then I ran out of H1000. And it seems impossible to find.
I have enough bullets loaded for my elk hunt this year, but I need to look at another powder. I have 4-6 lbs of Retumbo, but can't seem to find any data on the powder load for 180 gr AB in a 300 WM. I have read a small bit on some guys going this route but not with the powder data.

Have any of you crushed a 180 gr bullet into this case with retumbo, and if so where did you start with charge weight?
I am currently at 79 gr of H1000, and I am tight into the bullet. Not too tight that my bullet creeps out after a few days.
I have read if retumbo is tight it burns very well in this light bullet in 300 WM.
Some have said to start at the high side where H1000 ends, but I am not comfortable doing that.
I also have some N565 coming. I also have some H4350 if i had to use it. Just wish I could stay with H1000 and not have to redo the work up on a new powder, that may be gone one day like the other popular ones.

orelkaddict thx, I have ordered some different powders. Hoping these will set well with this rifle.

With my .300 WM and 175 grain Bergers I have gotten incredible speeds and accuracy out of the old stand by IMR 4350.

I had great success with 180 grain AB and Retumbo. It was the most accurate load in my 300wm. I've sold the rifle, but will see if I can find my notes and will post the details if I do.

I have had good luck with H4831sc and Rl22 on the 180s and the 200's. I am getting 2980fps with the 200's using the nosler manual load with RL22 and 26inch barrel.

Retumbo is a pretty hot commodity these days. I would imagine you would have no problem trading it for H1000 if you wanted to stick with your proven load.

I had great success with 180 grain AB and Retumbo. It was the most accurate load in my 300wm. I've sold the rifle, but will see if I can find my notes and will post the details if I do.
I would definitely be interested in seeing this. Thx

Back