Retirement gift for boss- Need Ideas

Trying to come up with some ideas for a good retirement gift for my boss.
He is not a real big hunter. He is a fairly "quiet and keep to himself" type of guy. So it is hard to narrow down something that would be meaningful to him. He does like rafting and fishing, so I was thinking of doing something along that route.

I have been thinking about ordering him a custom fly reel from ross/abel reels and having our company logo either painted or engraved with his name and years of employment. This can get really pricey though and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it happen yet or not.

I am curious if anyone else has any other good ideas, in case mine doesn't pan out. Anyone else big into rafting or fishing have any other good ideas of something that would be meaningful? Anyone seen or received any really good retirement gifts?

Thanks,

Opah

WKR
that would be my bet, a good quality knife, I did one for a boss friend getting married a big beautiful bowey Knife with FOR BETTER on the diplay side of the blade and FOR WORSE on the back side. of the Blade.
He loved it she hated it once she saw it out of the display can't pleas everyone

Cool to hear there are good bosses out there. I need to change industries! Can you contact his wife? Maybe she can provide insight into something he doesn’t share with his employees? I like the fly fishing idea unless he’s not a fly fisherman...a guided raft fishing trip with his new rod / reel sounds like a good idea

I was given a KUIU Super Down 15* sleeping bag. I’ve spent around 200 nights in it since, and appreciate it. Beats the heck out of the typical watch...which you don’t need when you are retired!

Mosby

WKR
When I first started out retirement parties involved strippers and a fifth. The good days are gone forever I guess.

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
I kinda like the knife idea, if he’s a fly fisherman a fly rod is nice, depends on what he’s already got and how much you want to spend.

Marble

WKR
I have had success with speaking with the wife or adult kid. Sometimes people at work dont voice their true desires. It makes it hard to know what to get them. So speak to someone very close to him. Take up an offering from everyone, make him happy.

Gift card to a shop that sells sporting equipment he would like. Let him pick what he wants to upgrade. At retirement age he may have most everything but still like to splurge for the perfect piece...don’t we all? The card will be incentive to do just that.