Rest moves when tightened - QAD/Mathews Inegrate MX dovetail rest

awpk03s

FNG
I have a Mathews/QAD Integrate MX dovetail rest on my Vertix bow. I tuned and set my rest shooting paper, and tightened down the set screw and forgot about it. Now, after several weeks of hunts, I’m noticing the L/R adjustment wheel keeps moving. It’s not just that the knob still clicks and turns but if I click and spin it, the rest does actually still move.

In and out of the field and up and down trees and riding in the truck, there’s lots of opportunities for it to rub things and spin I guess. But I just thought cranking down the Allen set screw was enough to prevent that?

Now I guess I’ll be looking at it every time I go out to make sure, but has anyone else run into this?

Only thing I have seen is people tightening down the set screw too much and stripping it. With that little allen tightened down the rest should be locked.

Check to ensure it isn't stripped.

OP
A

awpk03s

FNG
Thanks… I can loosen and tighten it with the wrench. I’ll remove the set screw completely and take a look.

H80Hunter

WKR
I think the set screw should stop it but a silver sharpie mark could help confirm it hasn't moved.

Tandin93

FNG
I haven't experienced this with mine, but I have used QAD's warranty (on previous model) and they were super to deal with. Shipped me out a new rest asap.

OctoberGold

Lil-Rokslider
I have to crank the set screw on mine down really tight to keep it from moving. Once tight it doesn't move though.