Replacement Grip Help

I am needing help on buying an aftermarket grip for my bow. I'm right handed so when at full draw the bow is really just resting on the base of my thumb with most of the palm of my hand open. I would like to fill the gap to make the grip wider which I hope will help with some left/right arrow placement issues. The bow is a Bowtech RPM360 and does not have replaceable grips. I left a voicemail with torqueless.com but that was 2 weeks ago. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Honestly it sounds like your grip is exactly where it needs to be. Companies have gone away from the wider grips that fill the palm because of torque issues. You want the grip to run right thru the meat under your thumb. The center palm area has lots of tendons in it that depending on where your fingers might be it changes your palm structure.

I'm sure someone is making another grip tho, but I'm not familiar with any.

Here's a picture, cause my language skills suck.
Grip-e1541606510239.jpg

After emailing with the torqueless guy about what wrist I might like I ordered a torqueless medium for a Mathews vertix and it is really nice. I emailed and called him as I was wanting to get on similar for my bowtech experience but he never responded I'm guessing he's swamped. I wasn't sure if the grip will feel the same between the Mathews and bowtech and they are just made to fit the different bows or if they will be different altogether

OP
DaleGribble
Wow, both very helpful and useful comments. Maybe the internet isn't such a bad place lol. Thank you for your answers.

CO-AJ

WKR
I too am considering a grip upgrade, as the Mathews grip feels a bit narrow to me. I like the diagram posted above and am going back and forth between the Ultraview BeeReal and the Torqueless medium. I was pretty well sold on the BeeReal as the archery shops I frequent really like it, but the Torqueless seems to provide just a bit more customization. Any thoughts out there?

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
I too am considering a grip upgrade, as the Mathews grip feels a bit narrow to me. I like the diagram posted above and am going back and forth between the Ultraview BeeReal and the Torqueless medium. I was pretty well sold on the BeeReal as the archery shops I frequent really like it, but the Torqueless seems to provide just a bit more customization. Any thoughts out there?
I recently bought a torqueless medium and it made a huge difference. I didn't care for the Mathews factory grip at all on a V3 31 and thought about selling. Saw a Rokslide recommendation for the torqueless and SO glad I swapped it out. I ground mine down a bit to customize it to my liking even more.

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
I use a limb saver comfort tech tool grip and like it.

I get the idea of not reaching around the grip to prevent torquing but I find when there is any amount of wind if I use only my palm to hold the bow it is very unstable and the bow sways. What am I doing wrong because everyone experienced seems to use this technique?

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
I use a limb saver comfort tech tool grip and like it.

I get the idea of not reaching around the grip to prevent torquing but I find when there is any amount of wind if I use only my palm to hold the bow it is very unstable and the bow sways. What am I doing wrong because everyone experienced seems to use this technique?

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk
What I have seen before is people have what's considered a high wrist. My wife was doing this for the longest time and I didn't realize it.

Instead of letting the bow come back into your hand and bend your wrist back, people extend their wrist and hold the bow more in the Y portion of their hand where the thumb and index finger join. This creates pivot point that is not very stable. The wind movement will actually be worse when held like this IME.

Watch Dudleys School of nock on YouTube videos on grip. It should help out.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
V3 here w/BeeReal. I could not shoot the original grip. I have what I'll call a pretty neutral grip (like the one shown above in the diagram) and I do well with the BeeReal. The flat and the texture/indents give it more feel and feedback for a repetitive grip which I like if that makes sense. Judging from pictures it looks like the Torqueless Med would be about the same grip angle.

CO-AJ

WKR
Update: I am still trying to determine the Rattler, BeeReal, or Torqueless. I spent about two hours out on the range yesterday and still have a bit of the left/right sway. Vertical I am pretty steady. One thing I did was when I draw I let the bow find its natural spot in my hand which did seem to help. I think previously I was trying to "place" into the proper position. I noticed my bubble level was much better, stability was much better, and shot consistency improved. I am nowhere yet where I want to be, but I was able to get a good zero at 20, 30, and 40. 50 is still a bit inconsistent although some of that may have been due to fatigue. I am still confident that having a bit meatier grip may stabilize some of the lateral sway.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Rattler will make you a wider grip or wider side plates. He made me a set of side plates for my V3 to mimic my Hoyt Carbon Element grip. 👍