Rentpackgoats.com

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Went on a long trip with the boys last week.

6f703d5d51b5a8841b1396b7f3fc930e.jpg

540d834b3f445150387f7f8feb73838d.jpg

b7706c19118a37bf4712cd73f90e5f3a.jpg

7b655d9cfebb3917a53c72150d77355a.jpg

Damn I wish these goats were close by me, I'd trailer them up and take them out 1 to 2 times a month. I am feeling I need the help. I mean, both knees a giving me problems. I am approved for surgery on my right knee. But somehow I will get through the upcoming season before having it done. Then I can work on getting an updated MRI on my left. I already know that one will be approved too. In short, at my age, this beat-up body could use those goats to keep me out there for more years.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Damn I wish these goats were close by me, I'd trailer them up and take them out 1 to 2 times a month. I am feeling I need the help. I mean, both knees a giving me problems. I am approved for surgery on my right knee. But somehow I will get through the upcoming season before having it done. Then I can work on getting an updated MRI on my left. I already know that one will be approved too. In short, at my age, this beat-up body could use those goats to keep me out there for more years.

One of the main reason I got into them is my buddy Kelly who is 67 can't haul the weight he use too. The goats will extent his years of backpack hunting without backpack hunting. The more I use them the more impressed I am with what they can do.

One of the main reason I got into them is my buddy Kelly who is 67 can't haul the weight he use too. The goats will extent his years of backpack hunting without backpack hunting. The more I use them the more impressed I am with what they can do.
Ryan, I was around and utilized livestock in my younger years into my mid 30s, so I am very aware of how benifical livestock can be. I also know comparatively how goats pretty much take care of themselves. To me, the advantages are blantly obvious. But I wrote the above because I know many are in the same boat as Kelly and I. I just wanted to give some food for thought. But this thread has also got me thinking, thanks!

204guy

WKR
Ryan I've seen it implied before but can goats be trained to cross fences? Like standard 3 & 5 wire stuff. I'm thinking of more high desert and island range type stuff navigating private/public that involves a lot of fence crossings without gates on the public. This would obviously have implications with keeping them fenced in yourself.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
My goats will jump out of there pin if I don’t keep it hot.(five feet)One of my goats cleared a three strand fence last year with 60 pounds of elk meat on his back. So I would assume you could train them to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your string is looking really good! They have been a game changer for me. Do you take special requests if I want to rent the one that does leg wrestling?:ROFLMAO: I feel your pain, there is always 'that one' that doesn't like to learn.