removable quivers...

So it was asked lets hear your answers:

For those guys AND GALS :) running removable style quivers do you take them off?

If you are ... under what conditions?

I personally practice with mine off until about the middle of June and then its on all the time. I don't ever take if off on stalks, setting up, or once I am in my treestand. I have had enough second chance opportunities on animals I wanted to harvest that had I now had my arrows RIGHT THERE I would never have punched the tag.

J-Daddy

WKR
Depends on where I'm at and what I'm doing....
Whitetail hunting from a stand or blind, I take my TightSpot off. Turkey hunting, off...Spot n' Stalk out west, it stays on all the time.

pronghorn

FNG
I have never had a reason to take my Tight Spot off. I probably should have last year on a big 4x5 in a strong side wind, but he didn't stick around long enough for it to matter. My bow is set up to balance and aim with the quiver on.

B

bearguide

i never take mine off, and i practice with arrows in the quiver. shooting with the quiver on is different than with it off, and can change your impact point

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
During spot and stalk I always have a quiver on. In the blind off most times....treestand about 50/50. But I always practice with one on!