Remington - Ilion, NY plant closing

Hopefully will expand their plant in Georgia even though will be approaching 3 times the size of the NY plant. Im not a Remington fanboy but I would hate to see the brand drift off into the abyss, especially after the beating they took at the hands of New York courts after sandy h o o k.

OldInNV

FNG
It was only a matter of time for them to move. Why stay in one of the most expensive states to do business and one antagonistic to your product? And, why stay where the workforce has an entitlement attitude, fostered by the leftist politicians who pander to unions?

I hope Big Green moves and thrives. They're an American tradition.

I hope they keep and move a lot of the history. It’s been many years since I walked the oil-soaked floors at Illion. The company has a fascinating slot in American industrial history.

Loved the museum and the custom shop. I picked out a stunning stick of wood there for my LH 700 Mountain Rifle in .257 Roberts.

Many gun companies are moving, even though moving is expensive. They can’t put up with the ongoing costs and hostile political environment in many NE states.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
With the anti gun movement making its way around the country, especially in states like, Ca. NJ, NY Ill. and several others, at some point in the future it will be almost impossible for gun manufacturers to do business in the USA.