Remington 788 7mm-08 scope recommendations

bapicella

FNG
I recently picked up a 788 7mm-08 carbine. This is my first carbine. I have been looking at 33mm options but any experience or recommendations on a scope would be appreciated!

You don't mention your use for the rifle or your level of magnification but I use VX3 variants 2.5-8x36 on my shorter or carbine rifles. Been considering a Swaro Z3 3-9x36 as another choice for a small scope.

OP
B

bapicella

FNG
Thanks for the feedback! I really like the pricing of the Trijicon Huron. Does anyone have experience buying a used scope? I see there was a few of the VX3s for sale on ebay. This is my first hunting rifle, is the duplex reticle a good option or is there a better choice? Thanks again for all the recommendations and information!

KenLee

WKR
Thanks for the feedback! I really like the pricing of the Trijicon Huron. Does anyone have experience buying a used scope? I see there was a few of the VX3s for sale on ebay. This is my first hunting rifle, is the duplex reticle a good option or is there a better choice? Thanks again for all the recommendations and information!
Don't be buying Leupolds on eBay unless you are very familiar with the particular scope. Too many fakes.
Ask for serial #.
Call Leupold to check it.

OP
B

bapicella

FNG
You don't mention your use for the rifle or your level of magnification but I use VX3 variants 2.5-8x36 on my shorter or carbine rifles. Been considering a Swaro Z3 3-9x36 as another choice for a small scope.
Thanks, I found a few used on eBay. I plan on using it for hunting in Colorado. From what I can find, something around a 3-9 or 2.5-8 should fit perfectly!

OP
B

bapicella

FNG
Don't be buying Leupolds on eBay unless you are very familiar with the particular scope. Too many fakes.
Ask for serial #.
Call Leupold to chec
I had no idea. If I go this route, I will definitely ask/call. Thanks!