Remington 700 KS (McMillan) barrel inlet…?

Aroostook

FNG
Hi all,

I am always greatly humbled by the knowledge base here, so I come asking for advice.

I am cruising the markets in search of a Left hand KS stock. I currently have a Rem 700 LA BDL (30-06) sitting in an H&S sporter stock that came with the rifle, the stock is a bit bulky. Years ago I held a couple KS rifles, now all stocks are measured against those. The slimness in the wrist and overall dimensions bring the word “whip” to mind. My question is, if I obtain one of these stocks will I have to and/or be able to open up the barrel inlet for a sporter weight barrel. It seems I remember the barrel taper was different on the KS rifles. I have messed with inlets before and the results were…well we don’t use that rifle currently. I also hope I will be able to transfer the rifle to an ADL format easily.

Any thoughts, advice and counsel would be much appreciated. Thanks!

There's a difference but it's not massive. I really like the KS contour....may be my favorite. You can find a list of various factory contours here:

Also, does anyone know the details on the paint they used to use on those KS stocks. I’ve always liked that ugly bue green; iconic in a way.

Back