Rem 700 sa DBM

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
I have had some mild feeding issues as happens sometimes with the dbm system I hear. I purchased a second mag to see if it was better and tried to see if I could adjust the lips of the mags but dont want to screw them up and they dont adjust easily. I decided to go with an aics system. Bought a magpul 700 hunter sa stock and aics bottom kit for it. The problem I am having is my 700 action does not sit down in the stock nicely at all and rocks back and forth. Probably nearly an 1/8 inch of play if front is tight back gaps and reverse true also. Why is it fitting so poorly?

look for the contact point on what is keeping it from seating into the stock, things in question put some marking agent on I use Prussian blue mixed with oil and a acid brush. It will transfer contact points onto the stock. Without pictures it’s anybody’s guess

OP
E

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
My bad. I misstook the rocking of the action in the stock to be a receiver fit issue, Now I believe it fits flat in the receiver it was just the large amount of clearance in the barrel channel that was allowing it to rock more than I am used to. I do need a longer screw for at least the fore end vs the factory rem stock it came out of but think a friend of mine might be able to source me one of those. Thanks, Dean

OP
E

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the redhawk rifles recc. Looks like just what I need.