Rem 700 extraction Issue

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Trying to read pressure signs based on how your brass looks after firing is like trying to figure out if winter is going to be longer by the behavior of a groundhog. Pure speculation.

If factory ammo extracts just fine and your "stout load" reloads don't, you don't have an extraction issue, you have a pressure issue. Back the load off and your extraction issues will disappear.
Cleaning the rust out of chamber and smithing it out was the answer. Reloads eject just fine now . Guessing Lapua brass is just a bit thicker than other factory used ammunition brass and that Lee to the ejection differences.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Accu-Tig. Dan has done thousands of them. Contact him and he’ll send you specific instructions for some measurements. Once measured you send only the bolt and he’ll fix it (primary extraction).
This, your bolt handle is not timed correctly to the bolt, so when you open the bolt to where the lugs disengage, there is a gap between the cams on the receiver and bolt that would mechanically help extract the brass. Here was mine before accutig
1.jpg

Sevens

WKR
I’ve also used AccuTig. Easy and painless experience. Was also able to have him install a different bolt handle, which was nice.

Erict

WKR
Good it's fixed, though bolt timing may have helped out earlier. Here is a good, short demo of bolt timing issue on Rem 700 (not mine):