Reloading .280AI , whats the best die set to buy ?

CRJR45

WKR
New to reloading , I have reloaded 7mm rem mag with a RCBS Matchmaker FL B set . But I couldn't find the Matchmaker in .280AI , (I don't think they offer it ?)so I bought a Redding Premium Deluxe kit , the three piece kit .
After it arrived I realized it didn't use neck bushings ? I bought new Nosler brass . Looking at the type S Redding dies , they are crazy expensive . I see Hornady has a set of dies that use neck bushings .
I'm just using the gun for hunting , but want to be as accurate as I can .
Thanks for any help , and sorry if this has been discussed already .

EdP

WKR
What is "best" as a die set depends largely on your individual goals. I've got the two die Redding Premium Die set with the bullet seating micrometer and am happy with it. My .280AI is a Cooper M52 Jackson Hunter and it puts 5 shots in 3/4" with my handloads at 100yds. I will probably play with it some more just for fun to see if I can squeeze the groups down any, but it is plenty accurate for 600 yd + shots on big game. That is all I need and more.

If Hornady dies had been available I would have bought them because their micrometer bullet seater can be used in any die set regardless of caliber. I have said bullet seater and use it in numerous other caliber Hornady dies, but it was the fall of 2020 and I could not get the Hornady dies at the time.

OP
CRJR45

CRJR45

WKR
Redding type S. $75. I don’t think that’s crazy expensive.
Ha , I was looking on the Redding site , at the Elite Bushing set , $366 , I wasn't reading the chart right . The three die set is $194 at Larry's .
You're right .

Gila

WKR
Hornady match grade dies use the neck tension bushing. The Hornady bushing is the same as the Redding type “S” bushing....only cheaper.

Works well for my 284 win.