Reloader 22

Dmbjr

FNG
Anyone anywhere have a pound or more I could purchase? Zero luck finding any.

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry, I have less than half a pound. I tried RL 22 for load development for my .338 WM, for 250 gr Interlocks and Barness TSX's. Prefer H4831SC, for both 225 and 250 grains. I know it's not right next door in terms of burn rate, but fairly close. Have you thought of H4831?

OP
D

Dmbjr

FNG
Sorry, I have less than half a pound. I tried RL 22 for load development for my .338 WM, for 250 gr Interlocks and Barness TSX's. Prefer H4831SC, for both 225 and 250 grains. I know it's not right next door in terms of burn rate, but fairly close. Have you thought of H4831?
Would you be interested in selling what you have left?

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
Hey - sorry, pretty naive to this stuff. Wasn't aware of the HAZMAT issues v. shipping live ammo until now, so holding off. By the time I went through the cert. process, then the costs involved for less than half a pound, etc., and won't take on the risk of "don't ask, don't tell."

I know it's tough to find. I happened on it from Brownell's a long time ago - I use shootingbot.com. If you want to stay with Re 22, best of luck to you. I'd also thought of N165, but that was even less available. Now, I only use H4831SC for the 338.

Last edited:

Axlrod

WKR
Don't know what you are shooting, but IMR 7828 has worked well in guns that like R22 for me.
And it has been available.
You already know this, but they are not interchangeable load data wise.

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
Don't know what you are shooting, but IMR 7828 has worked well in guns that like R22 for me.
And it has been available.
You already know this, but they are not interchangeable load data wise.
I see from a burn rate chart that's right below Vihta Vuori N165, good to know, especially with it being more readily available. What are you shooting with the 7828?

I gave up on RL22 and switched to RL23. It’s much more temp stable and more availability. (Not that it’s easy to find either). I found that when I reworked the loads they were within 1gr +\_ between the two powders with similar velocity. Better ES/SD for me with the RL23.