Release recommendations

Currently shooting a spot hogg wise guy, wanna give a thumb release a try, wondering if anyone has any recommendations, for hunting. Nock 2 it is sold out at the moment.

Thanks

Zac

WKR
Nock to it is just a 2 finger button. You could get a Stan 2 finger for relatively same price. IMO the Stan is a little crisper sear mechanism. If you got super punchy on the Wiseguy a thumb button will not magically cure you. In that case your going to want a hinge or a tension activated release.
I'd get this, shot my first deer with a 2Smooth.

Elk2008

Lil-Rokslider
I have the nock2it and it has been an excellent release for me. Also have the silverback tension release that has also been great. I’d highly recommend the nock2it if you can get one.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Currently shooting a spot hogg wise guy, wanna give a thumb release a try, wondering if anyone has any recommendations, for hunting. Nock 2 it is sold out at the moment.

Thanks

I shot the Wise Guy last season. I switched to a Stan SX3 and have really really liked it.

fatlander

WKR
Go ahead and get a hinge. You’re going to end up needing one at some point if you shoot enough.

I hunt with a hinge. A lot of guys practice all year with the hinge and hunt with a thumb trigger. For me, a shot is either perfect or it doesn’t happen. That’s why I use the hinge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottyboy

WKR
I like the nock2it, once you get used to a thumb release vs wrist strap you will likely never go back to a wrist strap.

put your email on the “notify me” part of the webpage if you really want a nock2it. Otherwise it will be a crap shoot if you are randomly checking the website

Brent111368

Lil-Rokslider
Wise guy is GARBAGE! You can’t set it even close to heavy enough. Super light to super heavy, it is still a very, very light trigger. A great wrist strap index finger release is Carter Quickie + or Carter Like Mike. There might be a few others, but the Wise Guy sucks.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Myself and a crap load of other people would disagree on the Wise Guy.

Just because something wasn't designed to meet your specific shooting preferences, doesn't mean it is garbage.

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
I just started with a Stan SX3. Coming from years and years of using a wrist strap caliper style release I thought it would be a bigger change and adjustment. I’m settling in pretty good so far though the biggest challenge has been a new anchor for my hand. My kisser and peep are still the same and I had to ever so slight adjust my sights to move impact to the left just a hair. I’ll stuff the wrist strap in my pack as a spare.

MidwestElkHutner

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot a Stan SX2 and see no reason to change...shot a wrist release for years, then decided to give a thumb release a try when I started shooting more 3D. I shoot 3D and hunt with it and now it feels normal. You won't be disappointed...but it will take a little time to get use to. Give it a chance, make sure to try different adjustments with tension and thumb release angle, and watch a couple videos on how to use one. I struggle to shoot with a wrist release now. Just doesn't feel right. You might find that your draw length needs some minor adjustments...most people shoot too long of a DL when using a wrist release

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
I just started with a Stan SX3. I’ll stuff the wrist strap in my pack as a spare.

That was my plan as well. I found a good deal on a used aluminum SX3....loved it enough that I just ordered a heavy metal SX3 and will be carrying the first one I bought as my spare in my pack.

I see no reason to risk any adjustment to my shooting rhythm if I lose the release 10 miles back in the BC.

Dead eye BT

Lil-Rokslider
I switched to a thumb release a couple years ago. I had been running a Wise Guy, which I really liked, but wanted to get away from the wrist strap for cold weather hunting. I went with the Spot Hogg Whipper Snapper (3 finger, closed jaw). I love it, and with S and S Archery’s 10% Rokslide discount, it can be had for $90. Give it a shot.