Relearning hunting

I am in year one of a nursing program at 43 yr old. I don't really have the time to commit to deer hunting or waterfowl hunting as much as I would like. I am going to go back to basics and learn/relearn small game hunting. I started hunting as an adult, before it was cool to do it. Going to pull the old single shot .22 and 870 out and start finding squirrels and rabbits.

Might as well start a thread to post up small game rifles and shotguns, since every other animal thread has one.

Robster

Lil-Rokslider
My Rossi .410 lever action fits perfect in the scabbard. I run the dogs horseback a lot and occasionally will step down to shoot the hare. One o these days I need to get the horse used to gunfire so I can shoot off her back.
OUdkMLA.jpg

OP
F
My Rossi .410 lever action fits perfect in the scabbard. I run the dogs horseback a lot and occasionally will step down to shoot the hare. One o these days I need to get the horse used to gunfire so I can shoot off her back.
OUdkMLA.jpg
I would like some day to do some hunts off horse back or mules, with dogs. Where I lived in Iowa back in the day guys running croon hounds used horses to get around easier in the hills.

I am in year one of a nursing program at 43 yr old. I don't really have the time to commit to deer hunting or waterfowl hunting as much as I would like. I am going to go back to basics and learn/relearn small game hunting. I started hunting as an adult, before it was cool to do it. Going to pull the old single shot .22 and 870 out and start finding squirrels and rabbits.

Might as well start a thread to post up small game rifles and shotguns, since every other animal thread has one.
Give it some time and you will get back into it. the Elk arent going anywhere. The Treasure Valley is full of whatever your looking for.