REI XT85 on sale!!

trophytaka

Lil-Rokslider
Just a heads up for the folks interested in the REI XT85 packs, they are on sale for 199.99 bucks during their anniversary sale! Killer deal on a great pack!

• Banned
OP
T

trophytaka

Lil-Rokslider
Yep so did i. Got mine right after the new one came out. I really like it so far!

WV Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I could always return it and buy the $199. They do have the no questions asked return policy :D

I have the green model. The slate is pretty cool looking

Scottiem

Lil-Rokslider
Glad to see y'all like it cause I'm thinking about picking one up tonight. I've been thinking about it for awhile but for that price i think I'm sold.

• Banned
OP
T

trophytaka

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah the slate is a cool color for sure! all the bugs from the green XT85 have been updated and tended to. I recently used mine for the first time on a week long spring bear hunt. Pack is prolly the most comfortable pack ive wore and had zero issues with it at all. Definately money well spent in my opinion.

WV Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Glad to see y'all like it cause I'm thinking about picking one up tonight. I've been thinking about it for awhile but for that price i think I'm sold.

I used mine for 6 days last year on a backcountry mule deer hunt in NV. The pack is awesome and the most comfortable pack I've owned. I sold my Eberlestock bluewidow and my Mystery Ranch Crew Cab once I tried this one out. I carried 55+ pounds with it and it felt good.

Anyone with a large waist try this pack? I have a 40" waist and curious if the hip belt would fit correctly. Would the belt pockets be 3/4 of the way behind me due to being to small Like most off the shelf packs ?

• Banned
OP
T

trophytaka

Lil-Rokslider
Hammer0419 im not sure how much help im gonna be to ya since im a fairly small guy (31 inch waist) but id say ud prolly be okay. The pack seems to have fairly lengthy hip belt pads on it and i dont think it will be as far back of a reach as 3/4 behind you. Aron may have a more accurate answer for you if he chimes in. Might send him a PM since hes also has experience with the 85