Red headlamp with throw

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for a red headlamp with good throw for walking into stands in the morning.

I’m using a Black Diamond Spot 350 currently and am happy with the white light but the red barely lights up my shoes. Walking in to my stand last weekend I spooked up a bedded deer with the white light.

I looked at the Zebra but it sounds like it’s floody. The multi color lamps I’ve looked at all feel like red is just added for reading books in the dark.

Are there any red headlamps out there or handhelds I could put on a strap that have more throw for walking?

intunegp

WKR
I really like my Streamlight Bandit Pro. Can be worn on the bill of a hat or with the included head band. The tan/coyote 61706 model can be switched from white to red, they also make a safety yellow version that is white only. I usually walk in before daylight with the red light on low and never have any issues. Battery lasts plenty long for several days hunting before it needs a charge.

Mosby

WKR
I use a Nitecore 32 rechargeable headlamp. Its red lights have 9 lumen, which is brighter than most that I have found. Majority are under 5 lumen. Lightweight and under $40.

1665157545086.png

To get brighter than that you have to go to a hog hunting light. Something like this:

Night Eyes RED LED HEADLAMP KIT HL-08-R

Jethro

WKR
Sofirn. There was a lot of talk about them on here in Spring. (I had never heard of them before). Rechargable with red and white light. Brightest red I've ever come across. Able to use it for walking trails in dark. Quality headlamp and their prices are cheap.

Become a big Streamlight fan after years of paying $$$ for surefire. My main headlamp is a protac hl usb, which replaced a zebra. It has 1000/400/65 lumen levels and a cap that will hold a red or green lens. Same price range as the zebras. Only knock for me is that it needs a high output battery (included) to get peak lumens but it works with 18650s and cr123s. It also weighs 7oz So it ain’t fly weight.

Afhunter1

WKR
This is your huckleberry

As a predator hunter I use a pile of diff red lights. These are tough as nails and I could shoot a fox 150yds away off the red light if I wanted to.

OP
B

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
Sofirn. There was a lot of talk about them on here in Spring. (I had never heard of them before). Rechargable with red and white light. Brightest red I've ever come across. Able to use it for walking trails in dark. Quality headlamp and their prices are cheap.

I ended up with the Sofirn D25LR and I think it’s going to be the answer. I haven’t gotten it in the woods yet but testing in the back yard is impressive.

The all black picture is the BD Spot 350 with the red lights on. The red picture is the Sofirn.
8492B3F8-39F8-404D-B70D-0533389E1B0F.jpeg

7E88C6DD-EDF8-4629-A57D-9B684D9EA90E.jpeg

Jethro

WKR
I ended up with the Sofirn D25LR and I think it’s going to be the answer. I haven’t gotten it in the woods yet but testing in the back yard is impressive.
Good deal. I think you'll like it. 4 of us just used them on our elk hunt. We were impressed by the red for walking in. White light is really bright too.