Recurve Quiver

BowTrout

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have any feedback on Gunshy quivers? I was looking between Selway or Great northern quivers and then I saw these Gunshy quivers and not sure which way to go. I have a Thunderhorn small fry on one bow but I’m thinking about trying something else on a different bow. I appreciate any feedback y’all have.

I have all 4 quiver types you listed. I prefer the Selway slide ons. They are solid and quiet and look good in my opinion. The gunshys are cool if you want to play around a bit with quiver angles and such.

Wrench

WKR
There looks to be a lot of stuff to loosen up and rattle on that quiver. I have a lot of trad quivers and have found the creek walker to be the quiet good looking and effective one for a nice wood bow.....nothing to come loose and rattle.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a mix of Thunderhorn and Selways on my 2 Trad bows. I love the thunderhorn they hooked me up with a custom made quiver to match my Bushman Spartan bow. Looks slick

Attachments

• IMG_1614.JPEG
    IMG_1614.JPEG
    369.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1617.JPEG
    IMG_1617.JPEG
    261.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1618.JPEG
    IMG_1618.JPEG
    604.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1611.JPEG
    IMG_1611.JPEG
    327.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1612.JPEG
    IMG_1612.JPEG
    270.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1613.JPEG
    IMG_1613.JPEG
    237.9 KB · Views: 16

GLB

WKR
I haven’t used the Gunshy quiver but I can vouch for the Great Northern quivers. I have been using them for 25 years and it a great quiver. Lots of good choices out there for sure.

OP
B

BowTrout

Lil-Rokslider
I have a mix of Thunderhorn and Selways on my 2 Trad bows. I love the thunderhorn they hooked me up with a custom made quiver to match my Bushman Spartan bow. Looks slick
Man that looks awesome! They really matched it up well.

oldgoat

WKR
Couple things I'll add to think through, if you hunt the back country and think you might want to break your bow down to pack in your backpack say to allow you to use two trekking poles etc, you want to be able to remove the quiver to keep your arrows in it, you can do this with the Selway Quick Disconnect that is still basically a slide on in nature, you can also do this with Great Northern. Other thing is how many arrows can you carry, I want at least 6 personally for back country hunting. Then also make sure it's deep enough to hold and fully encapsulate your broadheads, I use some pretty long broadheads and I know the standard great northern won't do that, have to get there deep hood model. Also the rawhide hoods from Selway are the best wearing, the leather from most manufacturers will abrade from sitting them down on the ground etc, but the rawhide shows no wear that I've seen anyways.

Last edited:
I've got one but it's way too heavy. It's aluminum framed so it's really off balancing. If he had made it from plastic or maybe kydex...

OP
B

BowTrout

Lil-Rokslider
I went with the selway. It seems like a solid quiver.

I have brand new all black Thunderhorn BOA model that I’m looking to sell. Send me a message if interested. I know this is the the place to sell but it fits this thread I guess?

Wrench

WKR
Couple things I'll add to think through, if you hunt the back country and think you might want to break your bow down to pack in your backpack say to allow you to use two trekking poles etc, you want to be able to remove the quiver to keep your arrows in it, you can do this with the Selway Quick Disconnect that is still basically a slide on in nature, you can also do this with Great Northern. Other thing is how many arrows can you carry, I want at least 6 personally for back country hunting. Then also make sure it's deep enough to hold and fully encapsulate your broadheads, I use some pretty long broadheads and I know the standard great northern won't do that, have to get there deep hood model. Also the rawhide hoods from Selway are the best wearing, the leather from most manufacturers will abrade from sitting them down on the ground etc, but the rawhide shows no wear that I've seen anyways.
20200928_184500.jpgI love the creek walker with toelke take down.