Recommendations for guided moose hunt - looking for 70 inch moose

WVELK

Lil-Rokslider
I have been moose hunting, but been chasing other critters for 15-20 years. I am wanting to plan another guided moose hunt. I would really like to get a 70 inch moose, or something very close. I know everyone wants a 70 inch moose, but I truly believe that if you plan and get to the right areas your odds for better game improve dramatically.

If you have been on a great guided moose hunt anywhere that might satisfy my search requirements, I would love a PM and chance to talk. Thanks.

OP
W

WVELK

Lil-Rokslider
That may be a good suggestion, but Russia makes a 50 inch moose look great lol.

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen ONE in 50 years of Alaska moose hunting........maybe two.
seen 2 over 15 years in the Yukon both once death ... one around dawson on the steward river killed by a local guy and 303 with no scope the other one close to earn lake around mcmillan area and it was shot by archery ... even in staying 2 months in the field in a row you wont even see a +60 so let alone a+70... good luck to the OP.

WMR

FNG
Just out of curiosity, would you pass a nice 60 incher on day one? No judgment here. It’s your dime and your fun.

OP
W

WVELK

Lil-Rokslider
Well those are some powerful words. And, what I need to hear. I have a friend that shot a 79 inch moose a few years ago. It is featured with WTA. He wanted an 80 inch moose and I thought that was insane to go after, but he got darn close.

OP
W

WVELK

Lil-Rokslider
Just out of curiosity, would you pass a nice 60 incher on day one? No judgment here. It’s your dime and your fun.
Yes, I would. However, I understand it is really really difficult to judge animals. I am best at whitetails and I can be way wrong at times. I am normally within 3 inches either way, but not always. Back to your question, if we thought the moose was 65 inches on day one, then no I would not pass.

I have been blessed to go on a lot of quality hunts some guided, many as DIY. I am at the point in life where if I go home without an animal I am good so long as I have done my homework and no one has lied to me about the quality of the hunt.

Well those are some powerful words. And, what I need to hear. I have a friend that shot a 79 inch moose a few years ago. It is featured with WTA. He wanted an 80 inch moose and I thought that was insane to go after, but he got darn close.
I think you need to talk to your friend!

Genetics, prime habitat with favorable weather cycles, management for age class and access will all factor in to finding a unicorn.

Apparently they found a magical spot and got the moose so it’s most likely another can grow in the area.