Recommend a Hot Weather Gaiter?

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider
Loving my Sitka ascent and apex pants, but I need something for lower leg protection in the southwest...recommend a lightweight lower leg gaiter for hot wee her hunting? I’m so sick of yucca and cactus spines 🙈

JPIDAHO

FNG
Nothing tough really works great in hot weather. I use Kuiu. They are hot but quiet and tough. They have a short ankle that work great with light weight hikers. They also have below the knee I use in taller Grass. The Black Diamond gortex breathe well but not really tough enough for the cacti.

KUIU Scree Gaiters - Hunting Boot Gaiters | KUIU

OP
7raptor

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing tough really works great in hot weather. I use Kuiu. They are hot but quiet and tough. They have a short ankle that work great with light weight hikers. They also have below the knee I use in taller Grass. The Black Diamond gortex breathe well but not really tough enough for the cacti.

KUIU Scree Gaiters - Hunting Boot Gaiters | KUIU
Would the storm gaiter be the right one to protect the lower leg or are they all designed for waterproofing and not spine protection?

JPIDAHO

FNG
sorry for the delay, yes to water shedding. they will protect against spines but not 100 percent.

jfs82

WKR
Havent put it through spiny stuff yet but the kyptek takur gaiter has been breathable enough so far.

Jethro

WKR
I wore the Scree's for a warm hunt in NM. Noticeably cooler than the Yukons (which I love). Was dry and no cactus, so can't help with that. But for keeping debris out of boots and not over heating shins/calves, they were good.