Recoil?

Wrench

WKR
I'd love to argue you about how it happens, happened and gets fixed...and how your brake and cartridge are not the only ones in existence.

But I won't.

parshal

WKR
Is the question here if more recoil is affecting you via flinch or whether the extra recoil can be managed so you can spot your shot (for a follow up)? Some of the responses of not feeling the recoil when shooting an animal are irrelevant to me. The key is being able to spot your hit/miss. It is simply much more difficult with a big caliber and a light gun.

With a few years of NRL/PRS competitions, I now ADD weight to my hunting rifles so I can better spot shots.

In 47 years of hunting with guns, I have yet to notice the recoil of any firearm when shooting at live game. So I guess I can't be of much help on this specific question.

I do notice recoil at the bench when I'm trying not to screw up a decent group though.
Came in to post this. I can't say that I've ever felt recoil while shooting at an animal no matter the position I'm in. I had a 300 Wby that punished me on the bench though. I don't miss so don't need to spot my shot. :p