Received the Vaccine today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkyinzer

WKR
I got the JJ yesterday. That sucker burned my arm pretty good for about 10 minutes, never had a vacc feel like that. Slept like crap and today I feel about 7/10. About on par with a moderate hangover. Not too bad to head out and scout for a few hours.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Got second one yesterday. About 9 am today it hit me. feels like a bad case of the flu. Chills, bad body aches, generally feel like crap. Hell even my hair hurts. First one I felt a little sluggish but no biggie.

As soon as there is a real Vaccine then I will take it the 2 that are available have killed several.people or have made some of them very sick as well we are now seeing these same people who had it have adverse reactions of various types. I believe Johnson & Johnson is working on a real Vaccine, with better understanding of the Covid 19. It is a 1 shot Vaccine.

fwafwow

WKR
As soon as there is a real Vaccine then I will take it the 2 that are available have killed several.people or have made some of them very sick as well we are now seeing these same people who had it have adverse reactions of various types. I believe Johnson & Johnson is working on a real Vaccine, with better understanding of the Covid 19. It is a 1 shot Vaccine.
source.gif

Always trust the guy with 69 in his username, lol.

How many people have been vaccinated? And how many deaths have been attributed to a vaccine?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

bobr1

WKR
Man people are so ignorant. J&J is only around 66% effective. Pfizer and moderna are around 80% for the first shot and over 90% after the second shot. I guess more booster shots are stupid just like Hep B vaccine...jeeze you have to get 3 of them. Must be incompetent researchers, maybe they need to talk to flat earther's about how we should proceed.

fwafwow

WKR
Man people are so ignorant. J&J is only around 66% effective. Pfizer and moderna are around 80% for the first shot and over 90% after the second shot. I guess more booster shots are stupid just like Hep B vaccine...jeeze you have to get 3 of them. Must be incompetent researchers, maybe they need to talk to flat earther's about how we should proceed.
Yeah. You would have to be a total moron to select J&J.... Like me - as I’ve posted above.

Last edited:

MattB

WKR
Always trust the guy with 69 in his username, lol.

How many people have been vaccinated? And how many deaths have been attributed to a vaccine?

The irony here is that the contingent that has been attributing the deaths of the COVID-positive to anything but COVID are now blaming deaths of the vaccinated on nothing but the vaccine.

Yeah. You would have to be a total moron to select J&J....
I disagree, you cant compare the efficacy rates apples to apples. J + J is a great option for people who might not know where they will be 3 weeks or 4 weeks from now.

bobr1

WKR
Yeah. You would have to be a total moron to select J&J....
No, that's not what I am saying. People should take whatever they can get. My background before the military was biochemistry and biomedical research. Now I have to read all the research publications coming out about this because I am doing immunology, virology and microbiology over this exact stuff. Unfortunately, most people don't understand how these things work and they read something from a friend of a friend of a friend on facebook or even the news which normally misrepresents data that is published. Also, they just had to throw out 15 million doses of J&J because the facility they were making them at was not up to code and had mold and other contaminants that could of caused serious problems in people if they were injected with it.

In general it is almost always better to get a booster it makes you immune system respond faster. But at this point it's about trying to get some immunity for more people. So if someone wants to take J&J over the other ones that fine.

20210404_121356.jpg

fwafwow

WKR
No, that's not what I am saying. People should take whatever they can get. My background before the military was biochemistry and biomedical research. Now I have to read all the research publications coming out about this because I am doing immunology, virology and microbiology over this exact stuff. Unfortunately, most people don't understand how these things work and they read something from a friend of a friend of a friend on facebook or even the news which normally misrepresents data that is published. Also, they just had to throw out 15 million doses of J&J because the facility they were making them at was not up to code and had mold and other contaminants that could of caused serious problems in people if they were injected with it.

In general it is almost always better to get a booster it makes you immune system respond faster. But at this point it's about trying to get some immunity for more people. So if someone wants to take J&J over the other ones that fine.

View attachment 279828
Well, your first two sentences certainly seemed, at least to me, to say that it would not make sense to take the J&J over the alternatives, notwithstanding the comparison between the two types is not apples-to-apples. If you are working in these areas, I’d love some more info from someone who is more familiar.

@durangobrad - I said a few posts earlier in this thread that I’m signed up for J&J (which is not easy to find at the moment), even though I still have antibodies from Covid after 9 months. I agree though with your points.

Well, your first two sentences certainly seemed, at least to me, to say that it would not make sense to take the J&J over the alternatives, notwithstanding the comparison between the two types is not apples-to-apples. If you are working in these areas, I’d love some more info from someone who is more familiar.

@durangobrad - I said a few posts earlier in this thread that I’m signed up for J&J (which is not easy to find at the moment), even though I still have antibodies from Covid after 9 months. I agree though with your points.
Sorry, I can't keep track of what/who said this or that previously and compare it to what may be blatant miss information vs sarcasm.

fwafwow

WKR
Sorry, I can't keep track of what/who said this or that previously and compare it to what may be blatant miss information vs sarcasm.

No need to apologize. I broke one of my own pet peeves when someone posts something with intended humor or sarcasm that seems obvious to the poster - but isn’t. It’s always good to post “tongue firmly planted in cheek” or something similar.

MattB

WKR
I disagree, you cant compare the efficacy rates apples to apples. J + J is a great option for people who might not know where they will be 3 weeks or 4 weeks from now.

I posted this on the last page, but I think it is worth repeating. In the US trials, J&J's vaccine was found to be 75% effective in protecting against COVID infection where the mRNA vac's were 94-95%. All three were 100% effective in stopping severe forms of the disease (think hospitalization or death), so in that regard some see them as equal for the ultimate goal.

bobr1

WKR

No, I understand, I can see how I came off as a dick. I've just been irittated with a lot of peoples rationale lately. Its just a lot of people have serious mistrust over the goverment and the news and these companies which I totally understand. People can throw out numbers all day, if it is from any news agency I will immediately disregard it because they are not scientitst or doctors that understand the data and will post whatever. The numbers keep changing too as a lot of stuff has not been peer reviewed and is in "pre print" status. Basically that means "I did this experiment and collected data but no one else has looked at it to validate it yet". Unfortunately it is because this has happened so fast and most data sets are really small because there just hasn't been time. My issue was people saying I shouldn't take the 2 shot because it might be bad because a very small group of people have had adverse reactions. This is common but again people will look at a news article that might say 2 people had severe reactions but ignore the 10 million that did not. Yeah J&J is using a different approach but at the end of the day it is all about total efficacy and what is working the best. I have read so many NCBI, pubmed and other medical journals that is makes your brain swarm. The reality is get ANY vaccine you can, it is better than no vaccine when it comes to immunity but if you can get the ones that offer a second shot. The research I read actually says the ideal time between boosters is 12 weeks. At 12 weeks the efficacy is over 99% but that also means waiting almost 3 months to get a booster. With how things are people just need to be getting whatever is available to them and we cannot wait that long between shots. The bigger issue is that like influenza SARS-CoV-2 is capable of mutating rapidly which is why the Aztrazeneca vaccine is basically non effective against the South African variant and is no longer authorized for use in South Africa. Most people don't understand just how rapidly a virus mutates and this is the biggest issue. Pfizer has shown pretty good efficacy to the new variants because they created mRNA based on the spike protein that covers several epitopes of antigen from the variants that so far has created a immune response that can defend against these newer variants. I could talk about this stuff forever, but the reality is just getting people to trust medical professionals that they should get it. It is really unfortunate that it has been politicized. But I know for sure that if the mortality rate was 60-70% people would be fighting in line to get a vaccine. Which in theory it could, the new variants are starting to have higher mortality rates, South African and Brazilian variants. Anyway, I don't have the space or time to talk about everything, if anyone has specific questions they can PM me and I will try my best to explain.

Lastly with numbers stuff, numbers are going to be boosted by theses companies, they spent tons and tons of money and stand to loose billions if they can't send out their vaccines. So just take data with a grain of salt. If you see data from a company that isn't independent I would probably not pay a lot of attention to it.
Good luck to everyone, I did not even want to post on this thread but saw how many posts have been made and if people want things to go back to normal they need to stop using facebook and look at the science. I really wish this had not been politicized but it was and that's what makes this even more unfortunate because again it causes serious trust issues. Just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.