RCBS…you’re killing me!

Ucsdryder

WKR
Snapped part of the handle on the downstroke when full length sizing and it stuck the case. When the piece snapped I think it messed up the alignment of the case inside the sizing die and stuck it. A call to rcbs and they got me a replacement part under warranty.

Fast forward a week. I got the press put back together and soaked the die and case with pb blaster and gave it a go removing the case. Looks like it’s time for another warranty call to replace another broken part. The shell plate holder snapped off. IMG_3105.jpegIMG_3183.jpeg

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Time to order a $15 stuck case remover. :)
Don’t start with me! I’m already cranky. 😝

My gunsmith, the most understanding, patient, helpful man in the world, sent me a new die and said send the old one back. The dude is a saint. I’d all tell you about him but I’m keeping him a secret so he doesn’t get overloaded with work and turn into a cranky old man that doesn’t return phone calls like most gunsmiths!

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
I have one of those summit presses, it’s terrible for sizing brass but great for seating bullets and that’s all I use it for.
This is the first issue I’ve had with this particular press. What don’t you like about it for sizing.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
those partner presses are some bad news. what case lube are you using!?
I was wondering what press that was, and how it was possible to snap part of the handle and break a shell holder. The only brass I've ever had an issue with for stuck cases has been Hornady brass, and that was lubed. I stopped using it because of that, haven't had an issue since.

Superx3

FNG
I stuck several cases necking down new 6mm Remington brass to .224. Have not had a problem since I discovered the case mouth was thick (kinda has a ring) , but I started chamfering and deburring before and never had another issue. I also only use the RCBS case lube now and make sure to get a little bit in the case mouth. Never hurt my Rockchuker…

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
It does not have much leverage compared to a traditional style press. I use an RCBS rebel press for all my brass sizing and the difference is leverage between the two presses is huge.
Seeing that I’m literally tearing it apart I don’t know if more leverage is helpful. 😂

waspocrew

WKR
The Summit press has known issues as you've been experiencing - I've seen the same cracking on other forums as well. It may not be the best press for sizing cases, but seems to be fine for seating projectiles.

Jmort1754

WKR
I broke the same piece on my summit, I have since had one stuck case, more a me problem. Therefore I use my stuck case kit

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
@Ucsdryder What number did you call to get in touch with RCBS? I've called the CS number several times about an issue, nobody will answer. Left a VM and sumbitted an online request. Crickets so far..

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
@Ucsdryder What number did you call to get in touch with RCBS? I've called the CS number several times about an issue, nobody will answer. Left a VM and sumbitted an online request. Crickets so far..
(800) 533-5000

They answer immediately and are great with their CS. They are closed Fridays and only open until 4pm pacific.

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
(800) 533-5000

They answer immediately and are great with their CS. They are closed Fridays and only open until 4pm pacific.
Yup that's the number I've called multiple times during their hours of operation with no answer. Appreciate it.