RCBS Tumbler

Thought I would pass this along, I have a RCBS vibrating brass polisher, has been used a bit, bought it brand new. Yesterday was preparing 45 acp brass the polisher would not work failed too vibrate, so I called the RCBS folks too see about purchasing a new motor,got the run around and was put on some elevator music and finally was ask too leave a call back number and was told too expect a return call bye 4 oclock that evening, never got a call. Anyway was getting ready too look for a new polisher, decided too tear the old one apart, put a few drops of 3in1 oil on the motor shaft and presto it now works very well again, I HAVE USED rcbs PRODUCTS FOR GOING ON 50 YEARS, NEVER HAD NO PROBLEMS BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS.

Thanks for posting this. I probably have the same one as you, which also recently quit working. Looks like I’m gonna be tearing it apart.

Still going strong, sometimes getting the run around and then getting pissed off has its benefits. I really like the R.C.B.S. line of re-loading products been using them for years, might be time too start looking at other suppliers out there for that kind of stuff.

This thread was started 2 weeks ago, but was wondering how long you have had the tumbler ? You said you bought it new, and "has been used a bit". I think their warranty is one year. However, they should have called you back regardless, especially since you were told you would get a call-back by 4. Even if they called you to let you know they can't help you, a call-back would have been the least I would expect. Good Luck, hope it works out, RCBS customer service has been really good the times I have used them.

Last edited:
The tumbler is a vibrating one it is about two years old and has seen minimal use. It is now working since tearing it apart and as stated placed a bit of 3 in 1 oil on the motor shaft, I understand about the one year warrenty but one does expect it to last a bit longer, if you have too buy a new brass polisher every year theres a problem with manacturing. Also the call was not for warrenty reasons wanted too purchase a new motor. Still no call back from R.C.B.S. WHEN THIS ONE GOES FOR GOOD WILL SWITCH TOO A DIFFERENT BRAND. I really like the R.C.B.S. dies and presses and such. One would now think with the situation going on with anything firearms related a business would at least offer decent customer service.

Rcbs is owned by a parent company now. They handle like 5 brands. When you call the RCBS number it just shows on there screen to answer as Rcbs.
They don't have any first hand experience.
I can't remember how I got ahold of someone last time email or an old phone number but if you get ahold of an actual rcbs employee the customer service will be great.

Rcbs does machine work. I'm sure all electronics are outsourced. There a tiny little company.

And I'm curious why you think customer service would be good with whats going on with firearms.
Everything sells as fast as they can produce it ether way.

Firearms, firearms related squip, high sells, continued customer satisfaction, retaining purchasers that sort of thing.

Firearms, firearms related squip, high sells, continued customer satisfaction, retaining purchasers that sort of thing.
Rite but everything is in super high demand, nothing sitting on the shelves at all. Imo that is the time of worst customer service. There as busy as possible producing product.
They can be ad cruddy as they want. There's thousands of guys rite behind you willing to by if you don't.

Its when things aren't selling that customer service is priority.

With the things going on in the gov. it would seem too me business would want too have good service, I always thought if I owned a business my customers would come first no matter the situations. Sadly as you pointed out this seems not too be the situation now, there may come a time when things change in issues such as this but bye then there may be no market at all, lets hope not.

Back