RCBS handloading Press

bobhunts

WKR
I picked up an older RCBS press at a pawn shop for $40.00. The thing is heavy as hell. On one side it says RCBS on the other it says JR 2. I tried to look it up on the web when I bought it but couldn't find any info on it. Anybody know how old it is? I'll be mounting it along side my other press pretty soon. Bob.

Damn good press, tanks (like most RCBS stuff). Its no Rock Chucker, but very capable. I used one for many years.

I think the JR2 was late late 70s or early 80s.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I picked up an older RCBS press at a pawn shop for $40.00. The thing is heavy as hell. On one side it says RCBS on the other it says JR 2. I tried to look it up on the web when I bought it but couldn't find any info on it. Anybody know how old it is? I'll be mounting it along side my other press pretty soon. Bob.

My dad runs one. He probably picked his up in the late 70s early 80s. It will do 95% of a rock crusher

Well it's no JR2, but it is a JR3. I got mine for free. Took it apart and used some WD40 with 600 grit and all the rust was gone. Used froglube on all the bare metal parts, and I have no complaints.

Sounds like a Junior. Probably in that older light green color.
They still make the Junior. It was my first press as well & did everything I needed.
Congrats on a fine purchase.
Hunt'nFish