Razco/Kuiu combo

Has anyone used the Razco pistol holster with the Kuiu Pro Bino Harness? Looks like a pretty slick set-up, just wondering about ease and sturdiness after install.
Thanks

Nwpez

FNG
Digging up an old thread but I have the same question. Want to have my sidearm on my kuiu bino harness but don’t want spend the money if it’s not a comfy annd practical option.

mobilefamily

Lil-Rokslider
I tried it and didn’t feel like it was a good solution for me.

Bought a chest holster for the pistol. Bino harness goes over that. Then pack straps over both of those..

Really expected to hate this arrangement but I don’t. It works for me. Pistol is easily accessible under the bino holster. The shoulder straps aren’t bunching up and creating pressure points. Have done several 8+ mile days with this system.

OP
marcbateman
I tried it and didn’t feel like it was a good solution for me.

Bought a chest holster for the pistol. Bino harness goes over that. Then pack straps over both of those..

Really expected to hate this arrangement but I don’t. It works for me. Pistol is easily accessible under the bino holster. The shoulder straps aren’t bunching up and creating pressure points. Have done several 8+ mile days with this system.
Can I ask why you didn’t like it? Too low? Did it not mount solidly?

OP
marcbateman
I have a HPG chest rig that I love for most applications, but haven’t worn it with a bino harness yet. Maybe it’s worth a shot.

While it wasn’t a Kuiu bino harness (which I do also own) I did run the Razco below my AGC bino harness. If one were to walk/hike and never have to crawl over or under, or stop and sit to glass or eat it would be a great setup. However, crawling under, sitting, glassing, that holster will dig into your stomach. You have to consciously remember to always loosen the bottom strap so you can flip the bottom of the holster up over you waist. It got to the point where it was more trouble than it’s worth. I was bow hunting elk with mine so I was crawling over and under all sorts of down timber and in dark timber. It sucked no matter what, unless I was hiking in and out on a trail. And even then, the bottom of the holster sat on top of my back pack waist belt and made lots of banging around sounds. I am 5’10” 150lbs. Maybe for a taller person it’s less of an issue.

My next attempt will be like above, and run a chest goaltender run hunk harness. Several have down that and it seems to be the best option.

Nwpez

FNG
Thanks for all the insite! I’d really like to find a solution that didn’t involve another strap around the back. Sounds like an added pain in the. To have to deal with another strap if you wanna add or remove a layer under your bino harness In the field. But might be overthinking it?

While it wasn’t a Kuiu bino harness (which I do also own) I did run the Razco below my AGC bino harness. If one were to walk/hike and never have to crawl over or under, or stop and sit to glass or eat it would be a great setup. However, crawling under, sitting, glassing, that holster will dig into your stomach. You have to consciously remember to always loosen the bottom strap so you can flip the bottom of the holster up over you waist. It got to the point where it was more trouble than it’s worth. I was bow hunting elk with mine so I was crawling over and under all sorts of down timber and in dark timber. It sucked no matter what, unless I was hiking in and out on a trail. And even then, the bottom of the holster sat on top of my back pack waist belt and made lots of banging around sounds. I am 5’10” 150lbs. Maybe for a taller person it’s less of an issue.

My next attempt will be like above, and run a chest goaltender run hunk harness. Several have down that and it seems to be the best option.
I guess it must depend on how it fits. I have been using the Razco AGC combo for several years and it has been fine. Horseback, crawling, glassing etc. i am 6’5”, so maybe that is the difference.

Yea, I think height is a major factor in it being an effective option for someone. It simply rides too low for me at 5’10”. Nothing I can do to keep it from bouncing off my waist belt or digging into my abdomen when sitting to glass.

Check out the Venandi setup that mounts on the back of most harnesses. I’ve worn it in my saddle without much issue and don’t even notice it hiking. IMG_8937.jpegGPTempDownload.jpeg