Rangefinder binoculars, are they worth it?

Shraggs

WKR
Yes. The gain for me is speed. It's one less step/movement. Bonus if it has ballistics that match rifle, such as Leica.

Exactly, the reduced time is significant. I have the ZEISS 8x42 as I find it a bit easier to get a good range as I’m steadier vs a 10. I still can throw a second alpha glass with higher magnification if needed.

Archery no way I’d use a range bino, separates.

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
The release of the new leupold bx4 10x42 rangefinding binoculars has peaked my interest and has me looking more into range finding binoculars.
I like the idea of having one unit and eliminating a step and saving some time on a shot opportunity.
There are a few models that I've looked into in the $1500 and under range that seem pretty good.
Here are the models I'm considering:
bx4 10x42 rf
GPO rangeguide 10x32
Lecia geovid R 10x42 rf
Sig kilo6k hd 10x32
Vortex fury hd 10x42
Steiner predator lrf 10x42

Main questions are:
Are they it worth it?

Would I be better off getting better glass and a decent range finder for the same money?

Would the 10x32 leave me wanting and wishing for the 10x42?

Any input or personal experience with any of the above models would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
There are more benefits than just optical magnification and distance to target. Depending on the manufacturer/model you can also get ballistics, air temp when your curious, remote markers (I use this for checking land ownership from a distance, or marking POIs from a distance to check out later), angle, pressure, etc. My best binos are not combos, but I’ll always have combos around my neck when hunting. Most likely I’ll be using a bino only on a tripod looking for game due to the better glass. Once game is found and the hunt is on I switch to the neck glass. IMO glass quality and resolution make all the difference so I want the best I can get for the initial spot. I switched from a 10x42 to an 8x32 combo due to the size and weight savings. Don’t see myself changing for a while.

Yes range finding binoculars are worth it. I’ve had good experience with my Leica Geovid HD-B. I nudged a buddy towards the Meopta LR they haven’t disappointed. If I did archery I would maybe want a stand alone rangefinder, but I pretty much with rifle or muzzleloader.

OP
sbaker0029
I appreciate everyone's input. Definitely going to be looking into the leica and the meopta as well.

As some of you have mentioned having the ballistic data linked and displayed when ranging is an awesome feature, seems like it really makes things easier and saves lots of time. For sure a feature I'm going to be looking for in a pair.

I don't archery hunt anymore so having one unit that simplifies the shot sequence seems like the way to go for sure, especially with linked ballistics.

Thanks!

I run the 3200.com’s in an 8x56 and won’t ever go back. I couldn’t tell much difference versus the 10x42 in terms of magnification, but boy the 56’s gather light! So much better hunting with only one device imo.