Range/Load Report

ToolMann

WKR
Figured I'd share in case anyone is loading with similar components and this can be of any help. Hit the indoor 100 yard tube to get some velocities on two loads already tested for accuracy and test one new load. I don't have a chrono yet so I use my buddies at the indoor range he belongs to. Always a good way to spend a Saturday evening:

Remington 700 243 Win - Hornady 100 grain BTSP - 42 Grains IMR4350
This is one I've already tested for accuracy. This gun started as a youth model SPS with a cheap scope 13 years ago for my son. It now has a B&C stock and Zeiss V4 scope.
5 shot average velocity 2,869. E/S seemed high, 75, but we don't use this as a long-range hunting gun either.

Tikka T3X SL 7MM-08 - Nosler 140 gran Ballistic Tip - 47.2 Grains Ramshot Big Game
This is a new gun, third range session. Accuracy has been good.
5 shot average velocity 2,870 fps. E/S was 45. Still seems a bit high but will do some range testing out to 600 to see how she does.

Tikka T3 30.06: This is where it got interesting. I typically load 165 Accubonds. With the availability issues we're all having, figured I'd try some 150 grain Hornady BTSP to have a different "range" round. Started low and worked up to 5 loads each of max load, -1 grain and -.5 grains respectively.
Ramshot Big Game
Max Load 60.7 Grains (best group) - 5 shot average velocity 3,132 fps, E/S 28.
Didn't think I'd get that much speed out these.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
Dude, you're only supposed to post that you got single digit ES and 1/4 MOA groups out of all your rifles. Get with the program.

OP
ToolMann

ToolMann

WKR
Ooops. My apologies. I certainly could have carefully selected some 1/4 MOA groups out of the 10 shot .86 MOA group from the 7mm-08. I'll have to recheck the ES math and make sure the chrono calculated correctly. 😁