RANGE FINDER FOR GROUND HOGS.

I'm looking for a range finder that will range ground hogs out to 1000 YDS. I do not really need all the electronic stuff just the range. I'm wondering if the Sig Sauer KILO5K would do the job? Anything I buy must be tripod compatible. Can anyone here point me in the right direction? Thanks.

cornchuck

FNG
I used to use the Bushnell 1 Mile ConX. It was alright for ranging large things but not for groundhogs. Last year I finally bought a pair of Vortex Fury's with Applied Ballistics mainly for groundhog hunting. I am glad I did. They work great. I haven't ranged a groundhog out to a grand yet, but out to 450 yds they worked great. I had to have them on a tripod to keep them steady.

Quick story. While groundhog hunting one evening, my Fury's was on a tripod, in the back of my side x side and fell out the back and damaged an eye cup. I sent them back to Vortex to get fixed. In the meantime, I used my old Bushnell's. I was so happy to get my Fury's back.

Jason

OP
T
I just picked the Vortex FURY® HD 5000 not the AB. I will use it on a tripod and see how it does. Thanks for the reply.