Ram aviation caribou- Mid-late August vs September

Matt79

Lil-Rokslider
Guys,

The 22 season obviously had a hurdle, with the closures to deal with. Ram elected to still fly hunters and seems like most groups still had decent hunts, with some complaints of not so good. That being said I think I still want to go forward and hunt with them.
For those that hunted with them this 2022 season what were your thoughts on your hunts? Also looking for opinions on best time to hunt with them, mid-late August vs September. I’d rather avoid the bugs but also want best chance of killing a quality bull. There will more than likely only be two of us in camp so won’t have a bunch of tags to try to fill.
I appreciate everyone’s input.

Thanks
Matt

chucko

FNG
Sept 7 then give yourself lots of time do not hurry you will probably be hunting the state lands up near Kivalina I have found that it is game on or batting zero but with time they will show

WARDEN689

FNG
I went 2022 season. End of the first week of September and had a world class experience. Our group of three was tagged out by the end of the first day all with great bulls. No regrets going with them or shooting bulls the first day. They had us in the Caribou and were extremely professional. Can't wait to go again. DM me if you have more questions.

We went 22 August 21. Groups ahead of us never saw a bull. Our group of 3 tagged out on our first day hunting. We had groups around us that never saw anything same week we were there. We got lucky that the migration was starting where we were. We've booked for 2024 a week later. Supposed to go out in the field on 9/1/24.

We went 22 August 21. Groups ahead of us never saw a bull. Our group of 3 tagged out on our first day hunting. We had groups around us that never saw anything same week we were there. We got lucky that the migration was starting where we were. We've booked for 2024 a week later. Supposed to go out in the field on 9/1/24.

Rumor has it this is their last year in Kotzebue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzzprong

FNG
Well, they sure didn't tell us that when we booked. Looks like we'll be calling for a refund.
That is just for out of Kotzebue. They still plan to operate but it will have to be somewhere else in Alaska. This is due to the unit more than likely getting shut down to non residents after the 2023 season. Brian has a good reputation for being honest with his customers. Look through these threads and you will see he has a great reputation and stands out compared to most other outfits. The future of hunting up in Kotzebue has been iffy for the last few years and even before that. I think he is doing all he can given the circumstances.

Last edited:
One of the guys in our group reached out to Brian yesterday. This was his reply:

"There was some talk about about closing season in 2024. I talked to biologist last week worse case they will shut down unit 23 but we can still hunt 26 and that's what we basically did last season. I was panicked for a little while and wasn't taking booking. But we are full steam ahead for 2024".

Santa

FNG
That is just for out of Kotzebue. They still plan to operate but it will have to be somewhere else in Alaska. This is due to the unit more than likely getting shut down to non residents after the 2023 season. Brian has a good reputation for being honest with his customers. Look through these threads and you will see he has a great reputation and stands out compared to most other outfits. The future of hunting up in Kotzebue has been iffy for the last few years and even before that. I think he is doing all he can given the circumstances.
Good luck w/ the refund. We’ve been booked for Sept this year for over 2 years. For a variety of reasons (primarily health related) we attempted to cancel and requested a refund in Jan of last year. That’s over a year and a half notice. Bryan was as rude as the worst outfitter I’ve ever encountered and told us we were S&#t out of luck b/c deposits were not refundable. Absolutely classless.

One of the guys in our group reached out to Brian yesterday. This was his reply:

"There was some talk about about closing season in 2024. I talked to biologist last week worse case they will shut down unit 23 but we can still hunt 26 and that's what we basically did last season. I was panicked for a little while and wasn't taking booking. But we are full steam ahead for 2024".
Interesting how Ram can fly into 26 but GE won't.

Good luck w/ the refund. We’ve been booked for Sept this year for over 2 years. For a variety of reasons (primarily health related) we attempted to cancel and requested a refund in Jan of last year. That’s over a year and a half notice. Bryan was as rude as the worst outfitter I’ve ever encountered and told us we were S&#t out of luck b/c deposits were not refundable. Absolutely classless.
Their website says pretty clearly that deposits are not refundable. That's the risk you take when you send the check.

Class is not exemplified by bitching about something you agreed to.

Last edited:

Jeff1980

FNG
Interesting how Ram can fly into 26 but GE won't.

It does sting a little every time I read these posts about Ram and I still have my deposit $$ down with GE hoping things change. He really just must not be able to get hunters in there with what planes he has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk