Rain gear sizing

TheCougar

WKR
How loose do you guys get your rain gear? I’ve got two sets of Kutana rain gear. A large top/medium bottom and an XL top/L bottom. The smaller sets fits perfectly for a couple of midweight layers- think a base layer and Sitka timberlines on the bottom and maybe a t shirt, base layer, and grid fleece on top. If I put a big puffy like a Grumman or LPP and some puffy pants on the bottom, it starts to get pretty dang snug. The larger set works great for big puffy layers, but is baggy when wearing anything less than that. An in between size would be perfect, but that’s not in the cards. I am having trouble figuring out what size I should go with.

neevume45

FNG
Yea I’ll say Same thing too
Go with your gut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I size up. Top and bottom.

More often than not rain gear is going on over the other stuff - jackets, puffins, sometimes bino harness. I like to be able to pull it on without a lot of hassle and I use it as a wind layer so want it to be able to fit over insulation when needed. It is a slight penalty in weight and bulk between sizes but worth it to me.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
I size up. Top and bottom.

More often than not rain gear is going on over the other stuff - jackets, puffins, sometimes bino harness. I like to be able to pull it on without a lot of hassle and I use it as a wind layer so want it to be able to fit over insulation when needed. It is a slight penalty in weight and bulk between sizes but worth it to me.
I didn’t even think about a bino harness.

I size up top, true size bottom. I’ve found a top that is a little baggy doesn’t bother me but baggy rain pants drive me insane. They are louder and catch on more stuff. I just don’t see a situation where I’ll need rain paints over puffy pants.

I run kuiu in yukon and kutana rain gear. I have a set of each. I size up in both to wear over stuff. Kutana is more athletic fit and goes over light layers in warmer conditions. Yukon is cut bigger and goes over insulating layers. I'm a treestand hunter for deer and run and gun turkey hunter. This system works for me.

TaperPin

WKR
I like rain gear with plenty of room under it for insulation, so it is baggy in warm weather and just right with a lot of insulation as a wind layer.