Rage Hypodermic

Who uses or has used these? Found a pretty good deal on the 125 gr model. Pros? Cons? Durability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

125gr are what I use and have no complaints so far. have always flew straight, opened on impact and left giant holes in the deer I've shot

Tony8108

FNG
I have used them since they came out, I have had nothing but good luck with them. Never had a broken blade, bent ferrule or any issue. I have shot rage for years and these are by far my favorites.

Have heard great things about them. I also heard that there are tons of counterfeit Rage broadheads being sold on Ebay. If that's where you saw them, maybe the deal isn't that good. Make sure it is a reputable seller that you are getting them from.

OP
Jake Leibke
Have heard great things about them. I also heard that there are tons of counterfeit Rage broadheads being sold on Ebay. If that's where you saw them, maybe the deal isn't that good. Make sure it is a reputable seller that you are getting them from.

I found them on elders.com. I have bought a lot of stuff from them with no issues. I have seen the counterfeit ones and these aren't that good of a deal.

I should add I will mainly be using them on deer and antelope.

Tony8108

FNG
I know a handful of people that have used them on Elk with good luck. My buddy shot one last year at 70 yards with them and had great success. Couple other guys have used them for 3-4 other elk without issue.

I lost an elk to a bad experience with them two years ago. I won't shoot them at any more big game. I've been keeping them for turkeys since then.

standard_lengthy

Lil-Rokslider
I shot three deer this year with the hypodermic. They all died. When my shot was well placed the deer died within 15 step of where it was shot. When my shot was poorly placed the deer went a ways but was dead within 15 minutes. Massive blood trails throughout​. A good shot kills deer regardless of broadhead, but when you wiff one, you'll want a big hole.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I had a friend who loved them for whitetail. I don't know that he ever hunted anything bigger, but he never had anything bad happen with them

Pramo

WKR
I've killed a dozen+ deer and a few over 200 pounds with hypodermic 100's and did kill a cow with one at 42 yards and got a pass through. I still prefer and use fixed for elk but deer it's hard to beat the hypodermics and the damage the do

KH_bowfly

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using them the last 4-5 years and have had decent to great success with them on about 6-8 deer (blacktail and whitetail) in that time. I'm still debating about going back to grim reaper, but for deer I can recommend the hypodermic.

ChrisA

WKR
I used them last fall but I didn't take a shot. While still hunting a couple times, the Rage struck a weed or sapling and the blades deployed. That's my only complaint so far.

Chris

OP
Jake Leibke
I used them last fall but I didn't take a shot. While still hunting a couple times, the Rage struck a weed or sapling and the blades deployed. That's my only complaint so far.

Chris

That's good to know. Thanks.

Thanks for all the input everyone. I think I will pick some up to try out.

Chris

The Rages I had came with a plastic collar to prevent the premature opening of the blades. The plastic collar replaced the old style o-ring. Did yours have the plastic collar on them when the blades opened, or just the older style o-ring?

Last edited:

Pdawg88

Lil-Rokslider
I shot a couple deer with them this year, great blood trails and neither went far at all. I will say that I like the Rage chisel tips a bit better.

ChrisA

WKR
The Rages I had came with a plastic collar to prevent the premature opening of the blades. The plastic collar replaced the old style o-ring. Did yours have the plastic collar on them when the blades opened, or just the older style o-ring?

Plastic collar. Once it was jepordized it, the section of plastic collar weakened and it became easier for the blade being held by that section of collar to deploy.

I was less than impressed by this.

Chris