Quilts: Katabatic or El Coyote?

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m a big guy, I was concerned whether a quilt was a viable option for me. So, I sent an email to Katabatic, FF, EE and El Coyote.

El coyote was the only one to answer my email…. Brian walked me through the entire customization process!

Couldn’t be happier with my El Coyote quilt! Many thanks to Brian!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NMBigGame

FNG
I’m a big guy, I was concerned whether a quilt was a viable option for me. So, I sent an email to Katabatic, FF, EE and El Coyote.

El coyote was the only one to answer my email…. Brian walked me through the entire customization process!

Couldn’t be happier with my El Coyote quilt! Many thanks to Brian!

Carrot - How long did it take to get your custom XXL? I'm a big guy too and you've given me hope I can find a quilt that fits. What rating did you get and Are you happy with it?

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
Had it within 3 week, after receiving payment. I can’t remember length, but I can pull over my head if I get into the bottom!

Contact Brian at El Coyote, give him your measurements, pick your materials, and he’ll work you up a quote. I was surprised how little extra he charges for custom sized quilts.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
Carrot - How long did it take to get your custom XXL? I'm a big guy too and you've given me hope I can find a quilt that fits. What rating did you get and Are you happy with it?

Looked back at email, once received my payment it was in production within the week was on my doorstep the following week! Wicked fast!

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a Katabatic last year. Very pleased with it and the attachment system as well. First time trying a quilt and it has exceeded expectations on comfort since day 1.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

NMBigGame

FNG
Bought an El Coyote 10 degree quilt and absolutely love it! Quilts are game changers for side and front sleepers like myself.

I am interested in getting a Katabatic 22. For those that use quilts r u only using it in milder temps say above 32 or r u using it as do it all? I have no real issues with my sleeping bag but can drop 10 oz with a quilt.

Seeknelk

WKR
I've used a EE 10 degree down to 10 degrees or a bit lower and I was warm until I'd get a stabbing draft. This year I went to the zen Bivy 10 degree light bed, and it's flat out amazing for comfort and trouble free sleep. Has all the benefits of a quilt, none of the issues but I know it's not as light. Keeps you absolutely on your pad, keep pillow where it needs to be etc. But I digress..

If you want to stay with a straight up quilt I'd just say get something with PLENTY of width to help with drafts in cold weather. I'm a warm sleeper fyi.

NMBigGame

FNG
I am interested in getting a Katabatic 22. For those that use quilts r u only using it in milder temps say above 32 or r u using it as do it all? I have no real issues with my sleeping bag but can drop 10 oz with a quilt.
Used my 10 degree El Coyote quilt in the high teens with no issues. Was worried I would be cold so wore my puffies and had to take them off because I was too warm.

I move a lot in my sleep and don't have an issue with drafts as others complain about.

Turkeyfreak12

Lil-Rokslider
Used my 20 el coyote last week on an elk hunt. Temps were 25ish and I was warm the whole time. It really is an amazing piece.