Quick drying boots?

Fedster

FNG
I ford rivers often, and I am often in swampy conditions (or both). Waterproof boots never work in these conditions, they are basically a good way of getting water in, and keeping it in. My current take is goretex socks and whatever not terrible nor waterproof trail runners, but trail runners are generally pathetic. Yeah they are light, but that is it.

Because socks are reasonably light, and I can take one or two pairs of goretex socks I am good with getting my feet wet (and drying them), but I'd like actual boots that do not require proactive drying, but stuff that is not going to soak up litres of water and stay wet (like leather and foam). Any suggestions?

Poser

WKR
There's really not a great option for boots as the more surface area, the more there is to dry out.
You want a super well ventilated, synthetic shoe such as the Merrell Moab IMO. Replace the foam insoles with superfeet carbons which are very thin and will absorb less water. Maybe remove insoles altogether.

Or, you could just go with Crocs (or croc style shoes)+ waterproof socks, or a dedicated water shoe.

If you want an actual boot, you might look at the "jungle boot" genre, but I think you'll be disappointed with the cost and performance.

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I was gonna recommend the non water proof Topo Trailventure 2 but I don’t see it on their webpage anymore. You might find some for sale at retailers. Sizes appear to be limited.

yfarm

WKR
Kanes far better foot control than crocs, dry just as fast and just as light. Better foot protection. Wear mine everyday, have replaced running shoes, teva flip flops. Wear in 95degree or 30 degree temps just vary the socks. Sipe the soles with a razor blade when worn down and very good on wet surfaces. Pair with NRS boundary socks or use their boundary boot. Chotas are another option with the Kanes

Last edited:

croben

WKR
Well, I was gonna recommend the non water proof Topo Trailventure 2 but I don’t see it on their webpage anymore. You might find some for sale at retailers. Sizes appear to be limited.
These are currently $82 on Amazon. I picked up a couple pairs since it appears they are discontinuing them and they’re my favorite mid height trail shoes.

seww

WKR
I ford rivers often, and I am often in swampy conditions (or both). Waterproof boots never work in these conditions, they are basically a good way of getting water in, and keeping it in. My current take is goretex socks and whatever not terrible nor waterproof trail runners, but trail runners are generally pathetic. Yeah they are light, but that is it.

Because socks are reasonably light, and I can take one or two pairs of goretex socks I am good with getting my feet wet (and drying them), but I'd like actual boots that do not require proactive drying, but stuff that is not going to soak up litres of water and stay wet (like leather and foam). Any suggestions?
Look into Lundhags.
Bottoms are rubber and the tops are leather. They come with or without Gore-Tex lining, the Scout model has no lining and was my favorite back in Norther Sweden with similar conditions.
If they get wet, you can switch out your socks and pretty much be on your way. I always wore them with a thin inner sock and a thick wool sock. Would bring rolled up newspaper to dry them over night which works ok.

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
Look at the Goruck MACV-2's. They are basically a mid height version of the old Army jungle boot. I wore these trout fishing and they were completely soaked. They drained well and were completely dry by the next morning. I wear them while run walking my neighborhood with a weighted vest on and they are very comfortable. They handle the weight very well and when running in them I have no issues at all.