Questions on Tract Toric 12.5x50s

I've been searching all over the internet for info on the Tract 12.5x binos. Most reviews are from magazines or websites that aren't always straight up or they are vague. I've searched on here and seen some threads, most are a little older and for the first version but seem to overall give good reviews. I realize binos are subjective to each individual and what works great for one person may not be the best choice for another.

I've been wanting to replace my German Minox 15x56 that I sold previously I was originally planning on getting Meopta 15x binos (I was a dealer for them back in '06-'07 when hardly anyone knew what they were) but due to some surprise expenses Meoptas are stretching my budget at the moment and not going to happen. (had to replace my septic system, my rear axle grenaded on my motorhome and I need to replace my roof this fall). 😱
So back to my question for those who have the Tracts or test driven them, other than less magnification how are these going to compare to my old 15x Minox? The Minox worked really well for me they were clear and sharp but they weren't Meopta good. I don't expect alpha quality binos but I do want a clear usable set of binos for long distance that won't leave me wanting more. I hadn't really been interested in 12x until I saw the Tract 12.5s.

Do you feel the Tracts have enough magnification to use as long distance glass on a tripod? I don't like using my spotting scope for anything other than the shooting range. Is there much optical quality between these and the Meostars? Does the magnification of these 12.5's seem to gain much more than 10x binos?

I know this is a lot of questions but if there is anything else about these binos good or bad I would like to hear it. I'm sure people will say just find a used set of Meopta's and that's what I was going to do but even $1,000 bucks is stretching it at the moment considering that between the kids and I we have five deer tags and 2 elk tags so I know I'm looking at $1,000 or more just in fuel this upcoming season and my archery elk hunt started today.🙂 I will end up with Meostar 15x's probably before next season and keep the Tracts for my kids to use if I do buy them.
One more question before I go. There is less than $100 dollar difference between these and the Athlon Chronos 15x's is there a big difference quality wise between the two and which is better? I'm guessing that one being built in China and the other in Japan there would be a large gap between the two at least in build quality and durability if not optically.
I just became a member here even though I've spent a good deal of time reading up on this site before I joined. I did just order a pair of Crispi Colorado GTX boots yesterday from Camofire ($239) based on the reviews here.
Thanks in advance.

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
There's a set of Tract Toric 15x56 demo's on their website today for $783 and just last night I bought a set of the 12.5's demo for $565. Chat with Jon and see if he has any more 12.5 demos.

Toric's optical quality is right on par with Nikon MHG's, Mavin, and Razor UHD. You just won't find better optics at their price. The demo price is a steal.

As far as the rest of your questions regarding 12.5 vs 15, buy one of each from Tract and return the one you like least. Even the demos have a 30 day return window and full lifetime warranty.

OP
L
I will have to call up and talk to Jon tomorrow. I've been on their website several times in the past week and even clicked on those demo 15x56 binos but they showed out of stock each time until today. Now they are showing in stock. Thanks a lot for the info.