Questions about Tikka aftermarket stock.

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
I have a t3x lite left hand in 6.5 creed. Gun shoots great but I'm always looking to try new things, it seems like a popular upgrade for a stock Tikka is the stock. Stockys has the hunter VG in stock in left hand. Would this be a worthwhile upgrade? For this particular stock, is is as simple as dropping in the action, or do I need to bed it? Any advice on this stock would be appreciated.

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
Trigger reach is a bit long but otherwise a great and very popular option. Drop it in and you're good to go!

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
Correct. I also recommend high desert bottom metal so you can torque it down good. Also comes with shim kit to ensure your mag engages properly.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Had the vg. Long trigger reach but otherwise a well made stock. No need to bed a stockys, the inlet is a tight fit.

i stuck my LH 20" 243 hunter in a stocky's VG when it was on sale for $399. other than the as-noted excessive trigger reach, i'm more than happy with it. someday maybe i'll epoxy the grip to shorten the reach, but so far, i can pull the trigger and hit where i aim. no bedding. no bottom metal. i like it better than my roughtech stock that i stuck a vertical grip on (i don't dislike the roughtech stock to be fair, no need to replace that).

OP
P

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Im considering one in the color carbon black olive. It's a raw carbon with what looks like sponged on olive. Does anyone have any comments on the finish durability, and if the sponged on paint adds any texture? I saw some concerns with how slick the stock is.